I need some help I'm a beginner

My name is william and I’m a begginer. I have a 2 week old plant and a couple days old plants. I got the fox farm trio and I have no idea how to use it. I’ve tried searching it up online but none seem to help me and alot are to complicated to understand. I’m growing outdoors. I have no I dea what they trains are. What i don’t get is do I use one gallon of water and apply the nutrients or do I need to use 3 separate gallons. If anyone can help me set up a easy plan for all weeks that will help a lot. All I have is the fox farm trio nothing else

1 Like

Hi William welcome to the forum, you are in a great community with lots of experienced growers. I grow indoor, and my first time grow too.

Here is my input, start off with only a 1/4th of the recommended amount, as these feeding charts can be aggressive and cause nute burn.

Mix them into the same gallon of water, but separately. Here is the feeding charts.

Thank you for the help now I understand. But what do you mean when you say " MIX THEM INTO THE SAME GALLON OF WSTER BUT SEPARATELY" do you mean get 3 gallons of water and apply one of each in all the 3 and pour it time another gallon? Or?

What kind of soil are you using? Fox farm soil has nutes in it that you won’t need to add any for awhile

Mix them one at a time into the 1 gallon and check your ph

I’m using regular all purpose soil

So should I buy nutes

The fox farm trio are your nutes (nutrients)

Oh ok. My bad I’m new to this. But thank you

You’ll have some experts jumping in soon and helping you out. There’s a bunch of wizards on this forum

I’m very new too. A lot of the members here help me out

Do you have ph up and down and a ph pen? Fox farms is very acidic and strong. Big blooms the only non acidic one. You don’t wanna give nutrients every watering cause itll build up salts and lower your ph alot.

Most all purpose soils have time released nitrogen that would tell you on the bag if you still have it. If that is the case you wouldn’t need food for 4 or 5 weeks. I don’t know anything about ff trio… so I can’t help there, good luck and welcome to the forum

I dont have have none of that. But should I buy it

Yes, if you plan on feeding bottled nutes u definitely need ph up and down and ph pen aswell.

here is my best advice for the newbie grower… if this is your first or second grow, start off by reading some info on growing mediums, lighting and nutrition. When you feel that you generally understand the basics do a grow program that others, preferably here do. There are a lot of growers that do really well here using Fox Farms pre made soils. I recommend you start there. If you use familiar materials then its easy for others with more experience to follow along with you. If chose a path with unfamiliar products, others will be guessing just like you. The same applies to fertilizers and other products, the more commonly used, the easier it is for everyone. Hope this makes sense and have fun!