I Need Jedi green thumbs

First time getting in there and growing to many chiefs not enough tribesmen. I’m going to hone in my method. Its very confusing I keep finding new steps I didn’t know like fim and flush im confused W.T.F. 4 hrs. everyday trying to see if they are o.k. online I have used every budget and resource favor I’ve had doing a s.o.g. next

20211110_091639

Help

1 Like

welcome to the community,They look great maybe a little defoliation

1 Like

Thanks glad to be here I’m day 18 flower. I have p2500 on them at 19 inches and sf1000 at the side all my light escapes. Still think I should desolate them? All? How much? How long you been growing not to be rude but blessed if I have the right resources

1 Like

They look good and i agree with the other member it needs a hair cut so basically all ur goin to do is take off leaves that are blocking the light from penetrating into the other bud sites .there are plenty of videos on YouTube that shows u how to do it and they explain it all go and have a look

3 Likes

Welcome to our family of growers. Your plants look very good. Just ask what you are want to know. Every grower here has there own way of growing but there are common methods that most growers use. happy growing don’t be afraid to ask questions. happy growing :bat: :rofl:

3 Likes

@Aussie_autos coverd the defoliation pretty well happy growing :v: definitely anything you need to know just ask members will be glad to help

1 Like

Welcome to ILGM!

Everyone above hit the nail on the head. Starting near the soil, start removing leaves and budsites that are within like 6-8 inches of dirt. None of that will equal much. And ull end up wishing u did more lol.

Next… more about this setup please! Im seeing 5 gallon Buckets a couple of grow bags but we need more to help you out. Normally I drop a support ticket but pets get a bit more hands on here.

What kind of soil you running?

Do you have meters? If so what kind?

I see maybe 5 plants in diff pots? What are the sizes and ages from seed/flip we working with?

More importantly what strains u running? U know we are all stoners haha.

And can u get us a few view shot of everything. And maybe a picture of them horizontally so we can kinda get a sense of scale… that 6 inches from soil thing maybe too much or too little.

1 Like

Where do I get a ticket to explain the whole set up. Please send me one a.s.a.p. hey plus thanks for inviting me in the fold and for the assists

1 Like

No problem my man.

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

-What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed (photo or auto)
-Age of plant
-Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
-Vessels: Type and capacity of container (fabric, plastic, etc)
-PH and TDS of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
-PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
-Method used to measure PH and TDS
-Indoor or Outdoor if indoor, size of grow space
-Light system List brand and wattage/spectrum
-Actual wattage draw of lights
-Current Light Schedule
-Temps; Day, Night
-Humidity; Day, Night
-Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
-AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
-Co2; Yes, No

If growing Hydro some additional questions:

-DWC? RDWC? Autopots? Ebb and Flow? Other?
-Distance of liquid below net pot (DWC)
-Temperature of reservoir
-TDS of nutrient solution
-Amount of air to solution

Always try to upload a clear picture in white light of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

2 Likes

White widow
I.L.G.M.
Photo
62 days old
F.F.O.F. soil
TWO 3 gal.fabric pots
TWO 5 gal. Buckets
6.2 in runoff
No tds or ec reading have meter still confusing
Ph meter
Indoor
9ft. By 3ft. By 3.5 to 9ft. Under stairs
1 viparspectra p2500 at about 19 inches
1 :spider: farmer 1000 at front side of plants
250 watt and 100 watt
13.5 off 10.5 on
78 to 83 degrees Fahrenheit
55rh usually night 43
Humidifier and dehumidifier and damp rid box
C02 bag
4 inch inline fan and charcoal filter

Ok lots of info, just going to jump in on the defoliating part. This is end result but clean up the bottom 6 inches takes it off. Fans leaves and bud sites so when she grow all energy goes to less bud sites giving bigger buds

Welcome to the community! Your girls look pretty happy.

What pH do you water at?

If you can share a pic of the meter you’ve got, chances are someone here has it or has used one and can help you out.

There is definitely a lot to learn. Since you’re in flower already, I would just keep reading around on the forums for techniques other growers use. “FIM” and “top” are nearly interchangeable ways of saying “removing part of the plant to make her grow more offshoots/colas” - key difference being a FIM can produce 2-4 offshoots where a top will generally net 2 offshoots.

The SOG/SCOG/SCROG thing still confuses me but if I’m honest it all seems to translate into using plant trellis or netting to keep your canopy even.

As far as for new growing and critical musts, understanding the DLI production of your lights is a must. Check here:

Next, understanding the PH and PPMs you need/want during every stage of growth is very helpful.
Here are a couple charts you’ve probably seen around but I keep handy for my own reference.

2 Likes

Drainage in plastic bucket?

Front left in last pic looks super happy, could use a bit of defol. The others look like something is a bit off but it’s hard to tell from the pics. Welcome, plenty of fantastic growers here that are happy to help

1 Like

I know I’m just getting back to old news but I’m just now getting used to being on this forum.
But I cut patterned drain holes in bottom

2 Likes