I need higher Yields

bigger plants are Big Bud, smaller are Blue Dream

1 Like

Everything @Hellraiser mentions is great advice. Two points specifically: switch to coco coir, and train your plants to achieve a level canopy that’s about 6-9” deep.

If you aren’t limited to a particular plant count. Growing clones in a SOG with 9-12” sq inches per plant is my preferred method.

3 Likes

I use 5 gal planters so do I fill it full with the coco or put a brick of it in with other soil?

1 Like

If I were you I’d read everything about growing in coco on cocoforcannabis dot com, and follow the guides there. Read all the tutorials, then come back with any questions you still have.

Or if podcasts are more your speed, Dr. Coco (author of Coco For Cannabis and the website) was on Grow Bud Yourself recently and gave a rough overview of growing in coco.

What’s not that great of yields? What are you yielding?

I’m getting around 1 pound or less, I’d be happy with 2

Not going to happen realistically and that isn’t “not that great of yields” in a 3×3. It’s average to above average

1 Like

1lb in what size space, and how long is your cycle (seed to harvest)?

Edit: I know your tent size from the top post, but it’s probably helpful to remind readers.

My bad I thought I saw 3×3. It’s a 4×4. Still going to be difficult for 2lbs with untested strains imo. Going to have to pick the right strain

1 Like

seed to harvest 5 months, 4x4 tent

Dude, another killer post. i printed this out and am hanging on the outside of my tent for ‘spiritual morning reflection time’. this is my new goal!

Thank you as always.

3 Likes

My suggestion about switching to a SOG should get you closer to 1.5 ounces per square foot every 3 months. Some genetics can trim a month off that.

Granted, you’d need an additional tent, but you don’t need a second 4x4 or a second 600r to keep mothers and clones.

1 Like

Sorry, hit Reply too fast. i have your clone thread bookmarked. do you have a thread where you discuss nutes? i recently switched to Jacks, but want to read what else you supplement along the way with during various stages. i have a great looking girl right now, but i think i could have pushed yield a little more if i added a little somethin somethin at some point during flower.

1 Like

I feel the opposite as some say… in a 4x4 I prefer to tun 40+ plants… I get same full canopy… and icut timein half… every 2 to 3 monthes depending on if I run mothers or not I can squeeze another grow out of same space per year…might not be exactly as heavy but it will be real close and the extra harvest puts you at optimal weight

Same finish line lil faster… this is the sog method
Apposed to the screen of green…
Screen if green to grow same space took 5 months to veg the plant in the screen mean while

3 Likes

Check out my coco with Jacks journal, I talk about every thing I’m using, basically just Jacks, silica, and recharge in veg and Jacks, silica, and some of the Advanced Nutrients PK boosters during flowering (Bud Ignitor, Big Bud, and Overdrive), also started using Fishsh!t for my roots a month ago, great stuff. My next journal which will start soon will be a growoff using clones and only feeding Jacks to half and Advanced Nutrients to the other half, with a side-show of making feminized seeds as well.

6 Likes

Thank You Hellraiser

1 Like

@danfurlong , my last 2 grows was over 2 pounds .4x4 tent with 2 Hlg 260 rspec

14 Likes

What is the strain there and How many times did you top those plants?

good lord thats awesome

3 Likes