I need higher Yields

seed to harvest 5 months, 4x4 tent

Dude, another killer post. i printed this out and am hanging on the outside of my tent for ‘spiritual morning reflection time’. this is my new goal!

Thank you as always.

3 Likes

My suggestion about switching to a SOG should get you closer to 1.5 ounces per square foot every 3 months. Some genetics can trim a month off that.

Granted, you’d need an additional tent, but you don’t need a second 4x4 or a second 600r to keep mothers and clones.

1 Like

Sorry, hit Reply too fast. i have your clone thread bookmarked. do you have a thread where you discuss nutes? i recently switched to Jacks, but want to read what else you supplement along the way with during various stages. i have a great looking girl right now, but i think i could have pushed yield a little more if i added a little somethin somethin at some point during flower.

1 Like

I feel the opposite as some say… in a 4x4 I prefer to tun 40+ plants… I get same full canopy… and icut timein half… every 2 to 3 monthes depending on if I run mothers or not I can squeeze another grow out of same space per year…might not be exactly as heavy but it will be real close and the extra harvest puts you at optimal weight

Same finish line lil faster… this is the sog method
Apposed to the screen of green…
Screen if green to grow same space took 5 months to veg the plant in the screen mean while

3 Likes

Check out my coco with Jacks journal, I talk about every thing I’m using, basically just Jacks, silica, and recharge in veg and Jacks, silica, and some of the Advanced Nutrients PK boosters during flowering (Bud Ignitor, Big Bud, and Overdrive), also started using Fishsh!t for my roots a month ago, great stuff. My next journal which will start soon will be a growoff using clones and only feeding Jacks to half and Advanced Nutrients to the other half, with a side-show of making feminized seeds as well.

6 Likes

Thank You Hellraiser

1 Like

@danfurlong , my last 2 grows was over 2 pounds .4x4 tent with 2 Hlg 260 rspec

14 Likes

What is the strain there and How many times did you top those plants?

good lord thats awesome

3 Likes

plz tell us how

2 Likes

What they said.

2 Likes

That’s what I talking about, tent packed with buds, nice even canopy of colas, great growing!

That should be the yield goal for 4x4 tents - 2 pounds.

6 Likes

What if you were to add more lighting from the bottom up?

I have never tried it, but have heard that under lighting is not effective due to leaf structure. Not sure of the science, but if it worked, everyone would already be doing it…

I have considered some side lighting to fill in where top leaves block light, but I am getting more than I can smoke now, and havent had to buy any “street” weed in 3 years. So increasing my yield is not important to me. My buds get a little better each grow, that is my main focus now…

6 Likes

Agreed. Quantity or quality is what it comes down to a lot of times. Some of the best strains aren’t very heavy yielders. I’d take a pound of grade A over 2 pounds of a grade below. That’s just me though

2 Likes

As long as you don’t over veg a plant ,!quality will not be affected. Grow healthy plants and they will reward you

1 Like

@danfurlong , quality lights , and feeding the microbes not the plants , if your microbes are plentiful and diverse. Ph problems and bugs will almost disappear in a inside grow.

4 Likes

@KoolHandLuke you use Compost teas and recharge? Or anything to feed the microbes basically your suggesting period. Keep the microbes in your medium happy and fed and it will reflect on harvest.

1 Like

@Mandomatt , top left is blue cheese, right holy punch

bottom 4 are Amnesia

6 Likes