I need help with new life :(

Hi, so I think I fucked up a little… First of all after only 1 week after poping out from coco I used full dose of fertilizers (I suppose i wasn’t thinking straight), and I think it is too much for start especially because they are autos so I should start from quarter. In addition I had some temp problems and mostly it was about 80F with RH about 60-70%. I grow in coco with 10% of perlit and BioTabs fertilizer pack.

So yeah, now I have some serious problems. It started from leaves getting light green and into yellowish color. Today morning when I checked at them I saw some irregular brownish spots. I’m using now only plain water with half of Cal-Mag dose and Ph ~6,3 but I have to wait at least until tomorrow to avoid overwatering. I suppose it’s some toxicity problems mixed with leaf septoria but I’m newbie at this so I need help.

Before:

After:

Uploading: IMG_0027.jpg…

1 Like

Hurry up and flush them

3 Likes

U sure? I don’t want to stress them even more… (if so, only plain water? Ph 6,3?)

I would flush them out

2 Likes

So I’ll flush them with half of Cal-Mag dose and Ph 6,3 water. I’m looking to get at least half of this water as a run off or more. I’ll keep u guys informed :slightly_smiling_face: Thanks for help

I say just ph water. No need to add anything at this stage. Those little round leaves supply what they need as babys

3 Likes

Ok, so no cal-mag now. When should I provide nutrients for them?

When the little round leaves yellow and die off. Then start at 1/4 strength

2 Likes

I find that seedlings adapt quickly to full strength. Some of the spots looked like you got it on the leaves, but I wouldn’t panic and make things worse by flushing too much. As long as the pH was 5.8 of the nute solution you should be able to water with a reduced concentration next time.

3 Likes

I wanted to do that at first, but everything after that feed was getting worse so I paniced a little. The solution was pH 6,4, I use a little higher pH than recomended in coco because I’m using organic/bio fertillizers which tends to have a little higher pH. After getting steady from that flush I will start from quarter dose and from week to week i want to use a quarter more dose.

1 Like

Even with an organic feed you will want a lower pH in coco (5.8).

2 Likes

I can try lower pH and see how does it work for my ladies. But as I said, from the next watering.

1 Like

You are good for now. Let the eat what you have there now and allow to dry out before next feed.

3 Likes

OK the first thing you did was use coco then secondly you fed them which is both a no no…
Coco is very hard to contain P H that your plant can with stand and secondly you NEVER FEED A SEEDLING your plants have NUTRIENT BURN
If I were you i’d get some clean soil with a very low N P K and transplant. And remove all soil from the roots, you can do this by having a bowel of water that you can dunk the roots into then transplant into the clean soil. You then have water ready with some root stimulator and maybe a dash of liquid thrive to help them from shock, I’ve had other fokes do this very same thing with no problems with there plants

3 Likes

I agree with @HornHead just flush them fuckers with clean ph water then let them dry out completely I’d rather do that then let them feed on wats in the coco now it killing them

1 Like

I’m sorry. I do not see dying plants and no major need for panic.

@WickedAle Always calm, cool and collective! Love it!

1 Like

They are plants. We tend to over complicate growing and panic when we see a slight imperfection. It’s not a beauty pageant.

2 Likes

Garrigan65k offers the best real advice.

get some unfertilized media…then gently remove plant with much dirt to save roots.
place in ph’d water to wash soil off roots…then transplant into unfertilized media.

after two weeks start nutes at 20% of feeding schedule…adjust as the plants respond.

I really don’t want to stress autos too much, they don’t have time to recover after getting some stress. I think flushing is the best idea to repair the damage. For now like 70% of them recovered and started to grow normally with standard green color leaves, but about 30% of them needs a little more time to recover. I’m thinking about germinating next grow in seedlings soil and then transplant them into final coco pots.