I need help with my grow

I am a new grower as well, but after talking to lot of people I have learned that using So-Hum soil is the best that a new grower can use, and especially if you do not have a lot of time.

1 Like

Welcome to the community @mikedensman4

Never heard of that but thank you :blush:

Has any of you ever broke a main steam?!! :disappointed: :scream: :worried:

I tried to tape her and put a stick behind her to hold it straightā€¦ I donā€™t know what is going to happen ā€¦ so sad @Covertgrower @Eagles009 @Arrow @Deepsix @Cannabian @Hellraiser
She was doing so good ā€¦
Any help will be appreciated at this point

2 Likes

Some growers put either natural honey or aloe on the break then some electrical tape. They will heal them selves.

4 Likes

I hope so. I hope it didnā€™t screw everything

2 Likes

Depending on the severity of the break, some do great, others you end up topping it.

If that top is not wiltingā€¦you should be good. Always have a crash cart at the readyā€¦some e tape, raw honey, plant ties etc etcā€¦depending on how many years you going to growā€¦this is only one of many breakages coming your way ā€¦may as well get used to itā€¦:wink::sunglasses::v:

3 Likes

:joy: thank you! Hopefully I wonā€™t have many breakages :laughing: I taped it but didnā€™t add honey. Iā€™m afraid to unwrap her just to add the honey now @Arrow

2 Likes

Donā€™t stress it unless she wiltsā€¦give her a week and remove the tape you have onā€¦she
should have recovered, and be stronger than beforeā€¦some of us do this on purpleā€¦:wink::sunglasses::v:

1 Like

No worries, if the cambium is still connected the branch will survive. It can hang there and still survive. In nature that branch would lay on the ground and sprout roots where it touches while the original plant keeps it alive.

1 Like

Interesting !

1 Like

She doesnā€™t look too good.
I wanted to top at least one of them so since this happen should I top her? Thereā€™s 5 nodes before the breakageā€¦ Iā€™m not sure what would be more beneficial! Thanks in advance!
@Cannabian @Arrow

I have a branch on my sativa thats probably 2 inches thick, it broke at the trunk. Its still doin its thang! I wrapped some electric tape around the trunk below it and supported the branch and there sheā€™ll stay. Aint no way Im goina fix it, the branch is over 12 feet long!

1 Like

Ya this one is small not even two inches branches. But do u top your plants? Would you recommend? Because I read a article about topping and how is makes skinny plants bushierā€¦

Eventually I top them, yeah. It really depends on the variety of cannabis.

These werent topped till they were at least 4 feet tall. After that, I just topped to slow growth in one spot and focus it in another. The intent was to make a dope hedge. I think I accomplished my goal quite nicely. The sativa is just starting to bud and is absolutely massive! It has been back braced, bent over twice! And super cropped 3 times just to keep it from jamming itself against the roof which is 12 feet high! if you look at the image in the foreground, you can see stems bent over by the dozens! Every few days I bend more over.

1 Like

Wow thatā€™s impressive. You are on hell of a grower :joy: so I think my plant is too young to top only 4 weeks and a half. I just didnā€™t know what was best try to fix it or top it. But thanks :blush:

4 1/2 weeks definitely not too young to top. You could surely do that if you were so inclined.

1 Like

Oh see Iā€™m so divided donā€™t know what to doā€¦ and the leaves above the crack are getting all droopy and soft :disappointed:

1 Like

In that case I would just top it. I had to do an unplanned topping because of a branch I broke on my GDP about a month and a half ago. Sheā€™s flowering and healthy as could be.

This was her right after surgery.

And her last week

2 Likes