I need help with grow journal

I love you guys too I just really want that first good grow but I guess any amount of great smoke is a good grow :grin::sweat_smile::sweat_smile: I’ve heard people on forum say they ended up with hollow buds and that’s what I was afraid of. It’s got to be good when you touch a bud your fingers stick together and smell like skunk. Thanks again I feel like I have alot of big brothers here watching out for me at 67 sometimes my stoned brain does need help

8 Likes

That’s me :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yes @LoCoRock, the first time jitters are real! :joy: We all started at the beginning…

If you wet trimmed and your humidity is a little on the high side and might risk mold, then yes. It might be beneficial to go ahead cut them into branches if they seem soggy or however you want to say that, to you. That will speed up the drying some. But if your humidity is staying below 65% maximum, I would leave them be. The slower they dry, the better, for smell, flavor, and potency. If it’s not below 65%, I’d work on dialing that in first.

4 Likes

@neofirebird this is the 1st time I’ve seen you post do you have a thread or grow journal going

2 Likes

Thank you I put it in the middle of extra bedroom in brown paper bag which I hung and I have a fan on it. I’m going to let all dry slowly and leave it whole

3 Likes

Haha we definitely need a name for it man. Who was the most nervous new grower? We should immortalize them by making their name a verb :joy:. Like when words get too sciency and my head goes :exploding_head::exploding_head: i call it DB’n me. As in @dbrn32 n light talk

8 Likes

Even better… you git “Mossed” like !!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Hi, thanks for asking I’m doing my second grow it’s not overly detailed but you can ask questions. Second link is my first grow. This time around after some learning and more studying. You’ll also see me posting on stuff usually I bump into @PurpNGold74 @dbrn32 @peachfuzz @Myfriendis410 @blackthumbbetty @Jbum @Gremmall and any I can’t recall ATM. All these folks are super nice and helpful if you tag them in a post like you did me; we all try and help each other. There are multiple levels of skilled growers here - Welcome to this great forum of support help and advice. And a lounge part of the forum for other stuff. Oh and a medical use thread (s) taking about what works strains pains and health :roll_eyes: Find it here Advise welcome 2nd grow hydro - #108 by peachfuzz
New Auto grower advice help needed

7 Likes

Okay my wife is Diane - Di for short. Don’t Di it! Meaning don’t fuck it up. Or don’t be Di - a weirdo, paranoid etc. LOL
First time I scored weed; smoking with guy he’s driving with pipe in hand and turned the steering dumping the bowl :rofl::joy: his name was Craven - we’d say don’t Craven it when someone was careless. It’s stuck with us for decades… :joy::rofl::joy::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Haha exactly! U feel me :joy::rofl:

3 Likes

Yep just don’t Craven it! :joy::rofl::joy:

2 Likes

@Prince33 I’ve only grown six different strains all autos I’d have to say from my experience it’s longer than 8 weeks more like up to 14 - :astonished: yep, 3 months even longer if she’s not done or having grower issues lol but never had a bad starting genetics wise.

5 Likes

There are so many threads and as you say alot of good help. I’m going to drop 4 fem seeds tomorrow hoping to fill my big grow room with at least 3 big dominant sativa and supposed to have a good percentage of cbd also Super Silver Haze supposed to grow very tall so will be some low stress training to contain them. After I bought them I read that they really aren’t a very good strain for a beginner so I may be screwed :hugs::roll_eyes::thinking: I’ll give it a try they’re supposed to like high humidity and I can do that plus there’s all the help I can get here. Happy growing I need to get caught up on my grow journal reading and I’ll read yours, I always seem to learn by reading what others are doing

2 Likes

Using autos, I leave the light always on. I’ve read that some people give them 6 or even just 4 hours of dark to rest - I’ve never turned light off, seems fine with plants. :grin:

2 Likes

Never ever, never ever ever???

2 Likes

@LoCoRock no never except after flushing - dark for 48hrs… I’m open to suggestions or comments about auto light schedules :grin:

Give’m 4 hours of rest. I used to grow on 24/0. Added a couple hours of rest and they exploded. So i added a few more. Now ill run 18/6 max

4 Likes

Ya I know a lot of ppl run Autos @ 24 hrs for the first week or 2, like clones and seedlings. I have never done that route thinking that my equipment needs a rest maybe more then the plants. According to some articles I’ve read (royal queen seeds has a good one) there hasn’t been any solid proof that a 24/0 light cycle outperforms 18 or 20 hours. With that being said 18 hrs would take 1/3 of my electric bill away. Also a lot of help with the AC not having to run at lights out since I’m in Florida and it NEVER gets cool… lol

5 Likes

My plant is now cut apart and in big jars, I didn’t weigh it since I’m the only one smoking it except I gave my husband alittle bit. It’ll need to be burped for a while it smells skunky pine tree but has a very smooth taste. I’ll take and post pics for my journal tomorrow. I have 4 seeds in dirt and waiting for 2 more to get tails. 3 super silver haze and 3 bag seed so I will be posting my progress and questions

4 Likes

@Amazon66 how bout a smoke report? You said it hits smooth which will get even better with curing. It’s funny how you said you gave your husband some. Ive been married 20 yrs and my wife still asks me if she can grab a bud from the jar or she’ll give me $ and ask me to call the man. I just find it funny that she still asks me. I see it more like a joint checking acct … (Pun intended)

6 Likes