I need help starting up

Thanks for the help i think I will move outside in a couple weeks

Sounds good I know our last freeze should be this Tuesday

I think I am clear of freeze just want to make sure they are strong I have put a small fan on them I heard that could help make th stronger is that true

Yes that’s true it works as a positive stress to the root base, as well as the main stem

I took my plants outside today to start acclimating them to the outdoors these are 2 photos they are approx 5 weeks old they all look healthy but I did notice that 1 leaf

on one plant looked like there might be a problem what do you think

What is your ph

I just moved them into a bigger pot with the moisture control soil on Saturday I have not checked oh I am going to check it on Sunday and the soil were I plant to plant. What do use to check ph??

Ppm meter im pretty positive

PH meters the great, I have one too but I usually use my little aquarium / swimming pool type …actually I use them both to make sure one of them’s not wrong, it only takes one screw up and you can take out a whole Garden in no time.

One should monitor the pH going in and coming out

-good luck with your grow-!

1 Like

For checking, verifying pH if you wonder about the meter…

I have a bottle of pH calibrating liquid. On the bottle, it says to store the pH meter in the solution. I keep a little in the cap and leave it standing up. If I have any doubts in my meter, I put the lid on it, shake it a little, and read the pH…hopefully 7.0, or real close. Verified. It seems to work. If it is wrong, someone tell me now.

I replace the fluid in the cap depending on how often it’s used, the fluid will get watered down if you test enough.

I was curious too?!

I have this yellow one and it also requires a rinse before and after use in distilled water (and comes with a little screwdriver?)

Edit: Personally I want 2, one to check the other with once in awhile

1 Like

BlueLab millimeter (ph/ppm/temp) are to be stored in storage
solution, and yes the instructions say NOT to store in Distilled
or RO Water but should be stored with cap on and filled with
storage solution, it also goes on to say “if it dry’s it dies” and
should never be stored without cap and solution

1 Like

It was a cheap pH meter… Anseahawk PH Tester,0.1 Resolution High Accuracy Pocket Size Digital PH Meter/mini Water Quality Tester with Backlit Light LCD ATC 0-14 PH Measurement Range for Aquariums,swimming Pools (Yellow) Amazon, no longer available ($8.00)

General Hydroponics Ph 7.0 Calibration Solution has the directions to use as a storage fluid.

1 Like

On sale now at Amazon! I got me one, for my birthday :birthday: in May, but it is in the house already, for emergencies.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0096N8OWI?tag=greenrel-20

1 Like

I use the pH 7 stuff in the cap all the time to verify my meter. I’m neurotic, tho…I have two bowls of distilled water I rinse my meter with after every use.

3 months use, 5 times a day…still calibrated, still working

“they freaked at the idea I was using distilled water to rinse my meter,” hmmmm, you use the meter to test liquids for pH…you can’t rinse in pH 7 liquid? Do not store it in distilled water I understand.

1 Like

Also there is a slight inconvenience factor on the BlueLab
Millimeter and that is the PROB will need to be stored in an
upright position (cap is secure BUT) if it were to leak out the
storage solution and tip of meter dries its a 100.00 dollar
mistake Sadly I know from experience.

1 Like