I need Help please

Thanks Keystone!

1 Like

I appreciate it

1 Like

@KeystoneCops great advice…entire books have been written on integrated pest management, but the only major thing I can think to add is watering practices. Overwatering is a good way to get gnats and others.

1 Like

Firstly I’d like to welcome you @pntnike to the forum . Something I spotted in your pictures . When you do water try not to water the base of the plant , but water the outer space ( closer to the edge of the pot ) . This should make the plant search ( spread its roots ) for the water . Good luck and happy growing .

3 Likes

I think ya just cooked it a little. And it’s probably not mites if it’s only that 1 leaf. My very first grow I did the same thing with 12" placement of a hot blurple light. Welcome to the forum btw your off and running.

2 Likes

How do I know when to switch to flower? What am I looking for?

Although it can be unpredictable, with an idea of how much the plants will continue to grow during flowering you decide to flower so they don’t overcrowd your space in maturity. Plants might triple in size as they bloom.

There’s a debate about how early is too early. I think everyone agrees that at 4 weeks of vegetative growth the plants will be okay to flower. Later is fine. Earlier, and they might exhibit some unusual traits or get stunted. There are growers who successfully go 12/12 from seed.

2 Likes

Keystone, I appreciate all your assistance. One more for you. I have a 600 watt full spectrum LED light from wakyme. It has a veg switch and bloom switch. I have read some people, when they switch to bloom, switch both of these on. Opinion?

1 Like

Yeah, you’ll need both red and blue with that light. It’s 100-115 watts at the wall. They say 60 LEDs rated at 10watts for 600 total watts, but they’re liars because the chips would burn out if they ran them at 10 watts. Instead they’re closer to 1.5watts per chip. These Amazon lights have duped so many of us, myself included.

With LED efficiency, you can assume 1 sq foot per every 30-50 watts they draw. 30 is the most efficient LED, and the Amazon LEDs tend to be closer to 50w/sqft.

If you’re ever ready to step up the light game a little bit, I’m happy to help. There are certainly more knowledgeable people than me on this forum, but I can at least point you in the right direction.

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

@pntnike do you have the ilgm grow bible.? is a great read and some good tips for future, i think is in the guides section/ :slight_smile:

1 Like

@aussie123556 yes I did get it recently I will have to give it a read soon, thank you for the reminder

2 Likes

Some pics 1 week into bloom, currently 16 inches tall

1 Like

Hi Keystone, we are looking to upgrade our lights at the next grow and could use some help. I tested the watts being pulled from the wall, it says 120w. But we use a surge protector with other things plugged into it and I can’t get the wattage read from it. I am going to try to move the tent closer to the outlet so I can plug straight into the wall for the light. Suggestions on light for our tent are appreciated. Our tent is a 4’x 2’x 5’

Do you have a budget?

$200-$300

I’d look at the HLG 260 models. Any one of them would work, but r-spec and XL are probably better if you can afford them.

1 Like

I use a Mars Hydro TSL 2000 in my 4x4 I’m very happy with results :grin: 260. At Amazon quality LED cheaper than hlg just my humble opinion. And it fits your budget and grow size. Just pre harvested this

1 Like