I need help building my own Hydro System

https://www.amazon.com/VIVOSUN-Hydroponics-Recirculating-Multi-Purpose-Reservoir/dp/B09JRRJVSJ/ref=sr_1_6?keywords=vivosun+hydroponics+growing+system&qid=1653284367&sprefix=vivosun+hy%2Caps%2C80&sr=8-6?tag=greenrel-20

I want to make my own system like this but with a large reservoir and water chiller…I basically want to build my own system of four - 5 gallon buckets(or bigger if I need to) Top-Feed and DWC hybrid system that has a constant circulation from a 20-30 gallon reservoir with a water chiller… If anyone could take the time to draw me up a diagram and list the parts that I would need to buy I would greatly appreciate the help! Thank you so much in advance to for taking the time to help a new grower out!

edited to add tag to link

2 Likes

I’ll tag a few hydro growers for you my friend.
@NUG61 @HappyHydroGrower

4 Likes

@L2G … something like this maybe

2 Likes

Thanks @The_Chef

@L2G you need to know how you’re gonna grow before deciding to buy or build your system.
Are you gonna scrog?
How are you gonna cool the water?
How are you gonna change the water?
Are you growing in a tent?
What is your flowering footprint?

I decided on my system after thinking about how I want to grow and where my system is gonna sit in my grow room.

If you search YouTube you’ll find a lot of different topics on building your setup.

You can use this for starters and build off of it you want something like mine.

There are a lot of different hydro ways to grow. You have top feed systems, bottom feed systems, gravity systems like AutoPots. And, you have undercurrent systems like mine.

If you can cut and glue pvc, you can make whatever system you want. Let us know exactly what you need help with. There are a lot of folks here with plenty of knowledge on different grow methods. Good luck! :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

4 Likes

Very well said Happy… so many options, if you are building your own you need to build to your grow environment and style.:sunglasses::v:

2 Likes

Yes, I want something very similar to this but I don’t know all of the “parts” that I’d need to buy to achieve this… I have a couple different tent size options… 4x4, 4x8, 2x4… id likely go with my 4x4… I plan on going with
https://www.amazon.com/Active-Aqua-AACH10HP-Chiller-Cooling/dp/B07BHHQLKR/ref=sr_1_5?crid=2Q46OIQAIHTBX&keywords=water%2Bchiller&qid=1653328328&sprefix=water%2Bchil%2Caps%2C86&sr=8-5&th=1?tag=greenrel-20
as the water chiller… I don’t know much about ways to change the reservoir out yet.

edited to add tag to link

1 Like

There are options.

If you don’t have running water nearby then I would buy an extra tote or bucket that’s the same size as your res.

Then you can buy a water pump or a transfer pump and a garden hose.

Fill up the tote/bucket with nutes or water and send it to your res. Easy Peasy! :+1: :v: :sunglasses:

1 Like