i need some help, ive done my research but want someone who has made them 1st hand to walk me through it
Check out @blackthumbbetty s posts.
- Step 1 - If you haven’t already, decarb your cannabis. See the decarb recommendations guide below for different times for CBD, CBG, THC.
- Step 2 – Place the decarbed flower in a mason jar inside the freezer. Freeze overnight.
- Step 3 – Place the alcohol inside the freezer. Freeze overnight.
- Step 4 – Pour the cold alcohol over the frozen flower. Screw the cap on tightly.
- Step 5 – Gently invert the mason jar to shake – do not shake vigorously.
- Step 6 - Place back in the freezer for 5 minutes.
- Step 7 – Remove the jar from the freezer, shake gently, and place back in the freezer for 5 minutes.
- Step 8 – Repeat the step above one more time for a total of 3 times.
- Step 9 – Remove from the freezer and strain the tincture through a filter.
- Step 10 – Repeat a second and third wash, if desired.
- Step 11 – Store in a dark jar, like this dropper bottle.
- Step 12 - Move on to evaporating the alcohol, if desired.
Good post, @oldmarine. This is exactly how I make my concentrates.
Last year’s (2020) tinctures were really awful. They worked, but they tasted terrible. Most of that is being used for a cream I mix for my joints.
This year I learned about QWET. My extractions are super smooth with no weird taste. My brownies and gummies are tasty, not nasty.
at what temp and how long to decarb, i want to be able to get a buzz so im after thc i guess
ok, ive read up on it a lot and theres a bunch of dif suggested temps/times…im choosing a good average on them all at 235f for 40 minutes…sound adequate?
@blackthumbbetty any suggestions on what you find to be the best temps/times for decarbing
@goldiemouth270 See above, this is great staring point. Use an oven thermometer, most dials on ovens are not accurate.
I do oven at 230 degrees for 45 minutes but that is if the weed is dried… if it is not completely dry, it may take up to 60-75 minutes.
I decarb mine in a mason jar. Break up the buds with your hand and no smaller than a grain of rice.
There is also the visual… hard to describe, but once you do it several times, you can kinda’ tell just by the look and smell.
I decarb after purging my oil. 260F in the oven til the tiny bubbles stop. Stir often.
The bubbles are actually the carbon molecules being released, like fizzy sods.