I’m trying to get it right, this is my first grow journal after messing up 6 seeds with 2 different attempts!

I’ve fallen behind on this grow a bit. Scrolling up it looks like this started about a week ago. Nicky suggested you do a slurry test. Did you do that? I’m pretty fast and loose with my ph in soil and I’d imagine your actually lower than 5.6 to be seeing this much damage.

2 Likes

I actually had my ph drop like that on my last grow. My plants were similarly damaged but i was in flower then. So it was really bad to look at. I was really amazed at how important managing ph would be. It is the difference in the life or death of our beautiful plants.

2 Likes

@Eagles009
The slurry test is my next move.

1 Like

When I test the pH of run off I take my sample from the first few seconds of the run off. My thinking was that if I took my sample from the total run off the numbers would show lower than the actual pH is due to dilution from so much water being used.
Am I wrong?

When I check my run off pH I take my sample from the first few seconds of the run off. I thought that this would give a more accurate reading than taking the reading after a lot of water has diluted the sample.
Am I wrong? Should I take the sample from the total run off instead? I figured I’d get a false low reading.

@MoBilly
I have no idea. I read somewhere that when you flush, make sure it’s 10 to 50% runoff then test. I guess if it’s in that range it’s ok to test.

1 Like

1-26-21
I cut the sick leaves off the sick plant, and gave them all a gallon of water mixed with 1/4 of nutes listed for week 2. I watered them enough that there was a little run off from all plants. One of the healthy plants, the bigger one looks like a few leaf tips may have slight nute burn, and thus is from using 1/4. At this point I’m just trying out some things. I’m waiting to buy a bigger tent and better lights and exhaust fan and will be planting 5. I know this is a learning process, that’s why I’m trying just about anything lol.

2 Likes

What happened with that slurry test?

2 Likes

@Eagles009
I did it but it really didn’t tell me anything.

It might tell me something lol

3 Likes

@Treasurestoy
Do you think it would be better to get 1 TS 3000 LED light as opposed to getting 2 TSL 2000 for a 4x4 tent?

I’m really into this now, and I can’t wait to see how these 3 plants turn out, and also for my next grow.

I just ordered:

2 Mars Hydro TSL 2000W LED LIGHTS
1 48x48x80 Tent
2 AC Infinity Cloudline T6, Quiet 6” Duct Fan with Temperature & Humidity Controller (I’m replacing the fan in my 2x4 tent)
1 AC Infinity 6” Charcoal Filter
1 Jewelers Loupe
2 Digital timers (for light cycles)
2 6” clip on fans
5 5 Gallon grow bags
More FF OF. I already have enough HF.
I’ll be planting 6 next time.
Wish me luck!

4 Likes

Looking forward to seeing your progress Bodie. I’m putting things together for the next go at it. I’ll wish you good luck and you can reciprocate.
Good luck Bodie!

1 Like

Thanks MobBilly, it’s a learning process, but boy when we get this thing down pat, it’ll be lovely! Next time I shop again, it’ll be for all the things that will treat sick plants. Good growing!

1 Like

Get a kingbrite, it’s a better light for less money

1 Like

Well idk the answer to that i have 2 mh tsl2000 in 4x4 maybe check out what nicky and others suggest cause im fixing to upgrade to hlg 650. Or 600 cause alot of people suggested them then i can have more than 1 grow space. Now my first grow with the mh i got over 1pound off 3 plants in 4x4 idk if that is good in experience growers eyes but i was more then happy with the yield dry beening that much.

2 Likes

I already made the purchase. I’ll look into one when I decide to upgrade the light in my 2x4 tent which is currently a 600w led

I’m wondering how I should do this.
When the new light and tent setup comes, should I move my current 3 plants over to the new tent for the flowering stage, and start the new 6 seeds in the 2x4 under the 600w burple?
Or should I keep the 3 plants in the 2x4 under the burple for the flowering stage since they are used to that light anyway, and start the 6 plants in the new 4x4 under the new TSL 2000 lights since they will spend their lifecycle there?

1 Like

I’d probably put my flowering plants under the stronger light.

5 Likes

As @Eagles009 said

2 Likes