I’m trying to get it right, this is my first grow journal after messing up 6 seeds with 2 different attempts!

Merlin has you set. You may be good for now just 3 weeks after transplant. But if your runoff numbers are low will be time to start feeding.

2 Likes

You will need about 3 more quarts of the big bloom to make it through your grow. I’m on my 3rd quart currently and it’s not looking like it will make the end so probably need a gallon of it per grow. I give big bloom every single time i water. Like a quart per plant if they are heavy feeders

You are on the exact right track with 1/4 strength starting point. Much easier to add more than to flush out excesses.

2 Likes

@Ironman26. Do you go by ppm to determine if you’re in the zone? If so, at what ppm reading would you feel “I’m there” during flower. Say midway through flower.

1 Like

I don’t necessarily go by my ppm. I have been watching my plants and trying to read what they need. I do try to make sure my water going in doesn’t go over 8 or 900 ppm just to be safe. But I did not go to that level until my light was at full power.

1 Like

@dbrn32 what would you recommend for a schedule to increase light intensity for a small 4x4 indoor grow? For example I have a mars hydro tsw2000 true 300w. Should I have it at 50% during veg and then immediately bump it up to 75% and then 100% after a few days? Can i go from 50% right to 100%? Is there a right or wrong way to go about this?

I’ve tried using the search function for this question but it seems like it doesn’t get asked often enough.

Sorry for the hijacking

Make your increases gradually so you don’t shock plants. For vegging mature plants you could run them at full power as long as you work your way up to it.

1 Like

1-15-21 I have them all 1/2 gallon of water today as it’s been 3 days since last watering. I put 1 1/2 tsp of big bloom, and 1/4th of a tsp of boomerang. Which is actually 1/4th of the recommended amount into a gallon water jug and gave 1/2 gallon to the smaller plant as a test to see if it can handle it. As I was watering the other 2 plants I saw something wrong with the leaves of 1 plant. I took the pictures and immediately cut them off. What do you guys think it is?

@merlin44
@Eagles009
@Nicky
@Ironman26
@Deepsix
@dbrn32

1 Like

I just did some research on plant problems. The closest that comes up is that I may have a Phosphorus Deficiency. I wonder does that mean it’s time to introduce nutes to that plant?

1 Like

Basically just showing your plants are hungry keep em fed. Ensure your not PH locking out.
True numbers are only found when you do a soil slurry sample. Google how to do one report back with results.

1 Like

Safe to say it is deficiency or lockout. Measure ph and ppm of your solution in and then collect some runoff to test.

1 Like

I’ll have to buy some saucers or whatever you call the things you put under a pot so that I can catch the runoff. I just got my ph and tds meter a week ago.

1 Like

Amazon sells some on wheels with catch tray underneath. They aren’t cheap, but pretty convenient if you can spare a few inches of height they take up.

1 Like

What are they called?

Is likely due to ph not being in the correct zone as you have started giving nutes and they tend to drop the ph pretty quickly. If you get on it asap now that you have the meter and don’t put a drop of water in them unless you know the ph is in the “zone” I try to stay between 6.2 and 6.7 with no certain number being the ideal point because different nutrients are taken up better at different ph readings. Managin my ph is difference between my current grow and the previous one.

2 Likes

Make sure you get right size for your pots though. Not sure if one i linked will fit what you’re using.

1 Like

1-17-21
Today I gave the sick plant 1/2 gallon of water with 1/4 the amount of nutes like I gave the smaller one a couple of days ago. Today I gave the smaller one 1/2 gallon of water as well as the other healthy plant. They are all in Veg state, I want them about a foot taller before I start flowering. I started the week 1 FF nutes schedule and I add nutes to a different plant each feed.

1 Like

1-19-21
I gave them all 1/4 tsp of boomerang, and 1 1/2 tsp of big bloom mixed in to a gallon jug. I gave them all 1/2 gallon watering. The sick plant is looking sicker. Today was the 2nd time that I gave it and the short one nutes. I’m just experimenting with the sick one. Next watering in a couple of days will be straight water.

1 Like

1-22-21
I gave the two healthy plants 1/2 gallon of water. And I finally flushed the sick plant with 3 gallons of tap water so that I can get a good amount of runoff to test. The ph was around 5.6 and the ppm was around 740ppm. Am I doing something wrong?
Will my plant recover? I will be adding ff nutrients 2nd week schedule and about 1/4 dosage.

@Ironman26
@dbrn32
@Eagles009
@Nicky
@MoBilly
@merlin44
@Deepsix

1 Like

The only thing I can think is your ph in the actual soil is too low which is locking out the nutrients that would be available in the soil. But that is only a suggestion. It could be something else.

1 Like