I’m trying to get it right, this is my first grow journal after messing up 6 seeds with 2 different attempts!

Yes that’s how it works, you set the temp and the humidty. Whatever value is reached first will force it to kick in.

I would get a manual timer and plug your fan into it, super cheep any hardware or box store really.
Play with it try your fan on for 30min off for an hour just find what combo works best for you.

@Nicky suppose I remove the ducting from going outside of the open dryer vent. I’m sure it will bring the temperature and humidity to the desired levels. Question is will my basement start smelling like the plant? Or the filter cleans the smell from smelling like weed? That’s the whole purpose of me ducting to the outside. The summer would be no problem to duct outside, but these cold winters, well idk.

Man follow ilgm info on germination, Don’t use paper towels at all !soaked seeds in bottled water at room temperature,Wait up to 5 days you will see the seeds cracked open , If their not wait, once they have a tail take bottom of plastic bottle water and use these to put soil in get completely wet then put seed down only about 1\4 inch into soil just sprinkle a little dirt on top not to push seed down, spray water every morning with spray bottle! In three to five days you’ll have beens !

Growing right is high dollar, and alot of work !

1 Like

Depends on the filter, and the quality as well as the age of it.
You could try that, it will raise your temp and your humidity, the issues will be does it smell while in full flower bloom and is there enough space and move t of air for your plants to get enough co2 to still grow at a good rate.

My suggestion was going to be look into a propane heater, like a Mr buddy (extention to hook up larger tank) you can run one of these only on pilot light and it will heat your basement as well as provide co2.

But again your best investment is by far an AC infinity…

@Ericritchie

I used to do that until I learned seeds drowned occasionally.
The best way for the average person in my research, also the way I germinate, is to soak seed sfor 20hr in hydrogen peroxide /water mix, then put in a sealed container with damp paper towel until tails show. This should all be done in the dark and in a warm area.

2 Likes

My way of germination IAM 10 out of ten !

To each his own !!!

Let me know what you think in 3 years lol

Dude sorry your way is not mine bro!

Well then you should know you can downed seeds by over soaking them…

1 Like

If you follow ilgm info on germination ,That’s where you get your seeds ? Well I’ve gotten 4 replacement orders from losing seeds germination by other than ILGMS RECOMMEND!

Yes, but in 24 hours usually I got tails!

HAPPY GROWING BROTHER!!! :face_with_monocle: Hope your way works well for you , Until I start losing more seeds I’ll keep it my way . Peice bro!

Ans that’s fair im just saying when offering advice to people it’s important to disclose information like that, as you said soak for 5 days.

20hr soak is lots 24hr max, after that a humid/moist environment, being dark and warm is key.
A moist paper towel in a container is just as ideal as any other place.

2 Likes

I’ll keep that in mind for future use!

1-12-21 it’s been about 30 days since transplant. (Actually 29). So I’m guessing I’m 3 weeks into the Veg stage. I gave them a 2nd pruning, this will be the last pruning. I cut most of the lower branches off. I would like them to grow about 6 more inches each up before I start the flowering stage. I’ll give them 2 more weeks if Veg.
I’ve decided to run the exhaust fan in the daytime only, as the nights are cold. The temperature and humidity have been at my desired levels.

Couple of questions:

When do I start introducing Nutes? If and when I do decide, I will only use it on 1 plant to test it out.

One of the branches that I cut, could that be used to make a clone? Btw I know nothing about cloning.

@Eagles009
@merlin44
@dbrn32
@Ironman26
@MoBilly
@Psu8286
@Nicky
@Deepsix
@WhiteLightning
@TheAlchemist

3 Likes

When you start feeding nutrients is dependent upon what soil you are in.

Yes you can get a clone from your cuttings but for best results the cutting should be placed in cold water immediately after cutting or prepared for cloning immediately. You could cut off the lower few inches and likely get good results.

6 Likes

I forgot to add that I gave them each 1/2 gallon of water each. I also raised the light 6 more inches to the max height that the tent allows. The soil that I used when I transplanted to the 5 gallon fabric pots, was HF in the middle, and OF 3/4ths of the pot all mixed with Perlite. I have all FF Nutrients.

1 Like

Most would likely suggest watching your runoff numbers and when the runoff ppm starts to drop then you can start feeding.

When I used FFOF and FF Trio I started feeding about where you are now but I run very high light intensity (ppfd 900+). Most would likely say wait until just before flipping to flower or about six weeks of veg, which ever comes first.

If you start feeding and the plants react poorly, back off or wait a while before starting to feed again.

3 Likes

@merlin44 I was thinking about using 1 plant as a tester, and using only about 1/4th of what’s recommended.

2 Likes