I’m stuck help with purple haze Autoflower

I had one plant that had so many roots that I pulled the base of the plant and all the dirt came out. It was so bad I couldn’t reuse it.

I grow in 15 gallon fabric pots so there is more space for the roots.

Those roots will compost.

1 Like

Thanks NYDon. Have been reading Hellraisers article you sent me. Have got my Happy Frog ordered should get Friday. He talks about picking the cup up and swinging it with thumb and fore finger to judge if need more water. Don’t know how good I would be at that. I was thinking about filling one of those 12 oz cups that he uses and fill with dry Happy Frog and weigh it on my marijuana scales and write that down and then add the 4 oz of water the he suggest and let it drain for hour or so then weigh it again and write that down. Then I could weigh anytime to determine when more water is needed. You think that would work? Thanks for you help ,Buddy53

2 Likes

You will be surprised in the difference in weight… you’ll get it and then you will be like; whoa! That’s dry!

I thought about weighing mine too… but after one or 2 times of just feeling them, I gave up on that idea. But you gotta do what makes you comfortable.

3 Likes

Hello NYDon I been reading more on Hellraiser article you sent me. Seems like I order something new every time I read more. That’s OK I just want to do it right. Now I am noticing most are growing in tents. I only have an 8’ x 10’ bedroom I am going to be growing in. I have AC, humidifier & dehumidifier and heater. I have a UF1000 grow light 1’ x 1’ . It has different color lights supposedly to use for all 3 phases of growth. Is it important to have a grow tent if I can control the atmosphere in the bedroom?

1 Like

No you don’t need a tent, but some issues that can pop up are:

*Light pollution, if you are growing photos when you flip them to flower. For autos, it doesn’t matter nearly as much
*Grow lights are bright, they can alert the pigs and nosey neighbors
*harder to keep the grow environment clean
*some weeds can smell strong and a carbon filter in a tent takes care of that

I am sure there are some others… and I am sure others will chime in. I have 13 plants growing in my milk house with no tent. But I did just buy a large tent for verging. But that lead to a bunch more money on stuff for that. :laughing:

You are absolutely correct btw. The more you know the more you spend. I have alot of cheddar tied up in my rig. Do, if you are gonna buy a high dollar item, ask people on here for advice.

I’m gonna tag a light guru, @dbrn32 , he can let you know about the light you have.

Remember to have fun!

1 Like

Your light isn’t very big, how far is it above plants?

Moving forward you will want to decide about how large of plant canopy you intend to have, then size your light to that. Whether it be in your room or in a tent you should always make sure you have the proper amount of light per area.

2 Likes

Thanks dbrn32. I was using the one light just to grow my seedlings. Which I have failed at already. Got new happy frog coming Friday and a few more goodies per hellraiser article. I am going to try to grow in an earth box. Earth box is 30” x 13” x 11” deep. Was hoping to grow 2 Autoflower in one box. So the plants will be about 24” apart. If that’s to close I will just grow 1 plant. I can get 1 or 2 more UF 1000 grow lights if you think I should. The box is 30” long and I never grew marijuana but from looking at picks the plants are going to grow past the ends and sides of the box. How much past the ends and sides I don’t know. Maybe I need 3 or 4 of these lights? If that’s the case I would probably go for a lot longer light and maybe wider too. At this point I will go with whatever you guys say. I am reaching for help and am glad you guys are hear to push me through.

1 Like

Also dbrn32 would this be a good choice to add 10 quarts to 2cu ft of happy frog or would it be better to just add 10 quarts of organic perlite?

Those boxes are going to be difficult to be successful in. They are designed for growing trays of micro greens, that don’t take as long as cannabis to grow. I would probably rethink the plan from beginning.

I have never intentionally mixed coco with my soil. I’m sure it can be done as many already have coco in them, but I’m not really sure as to proper ratio.

Ok dbrn32 how about I get some 3 gallon pots and I want to grow 2 Autoflower plants and set them 3 ft apart . Then what are we gonna need for lighting? And is 3 gallon pots bigs enough for my Autoflower? Just tell me what to get and I definitely trust your decision.

This is a great investment.

Ive never grown anything in my life and this is how my GSC Extreme is doing after 3 weeks, transplanted her after 3 days, which I’ll never do again. I used fox farm ocean forest soil but the ones ur looking at will do u fine. The light this kit comes with is great especially for the price. U can get a slightly cheaper version with a few less accessories. I’d say get a grow tent, don’t bother with the box.

That sounds like about a 2’x4’ canopy, very common to see 2 plants in something like a 2’x4’ tent. I like something like qb 260 xl kit or hlg-300L from horticulture lighting group.

1 Like

Thanks guys for you help!! Well I will discard the earth box and go with pots. Which pot are best fiber or hard pots and where’s the best supplier with the best pots? What is the smallest pot I can use for growing Autos?

1 Like

Thanks dbrn32 I will get one of those lights you suggested :+1:

1 Like

It’s a 27"x27" x63". Doesn’t take up too much room, I can fit up to three plants I’ve been told, I would only do two personally, but it keeps all the light in during the day, and any light at all out in the night. It seals up tight too if u take the time to make sure everything is as secure as possible, I’ve got a slight negative air pressure going on inside my tent right now, but it comes with everything u need besides seed and soil. The fan it comes with runs nice and quiet and I can turn it down on the knob if I needed to, the light it comes with can’t be beat imo, it’s an LED full spectrum with warm and cool white, red and IR for bloom, 150w with 342 diodes, this thing gets bright, which I can also adjust. I’m at 50% right now while I’m vegging and will turn it to 75% once it starts flowering. Obviously u do whatever makes u comfortable, but in my opinion, if ur gonna spend money on a box to grow in, u might as well spend a little more and get a full sized tent with a fan and filter and a good light instead of trying to piece together components from all over the place. Plus, keeping the grow area clean all the time can be time consuming for some, I know I don’t have the time to be cleaning up everyday with work, the tent just makes it so much easier for me to grow.

Thanks Jiggaman I can see how you keep humidity under control in a tent.

1 Like

That is I can’t see how to control humidity in a tent.

1 Like

It has an inline fan the kit comes with, and I have a small clip fan on the floor inside the tent to keep the air moving. My apartment and area I live in is just naturally between 50%-70% on a regular basis. That’s what the thermometer on my wall and inside the tent say.

I keep the ducting hidden but it goes to a vent in my closet which leads right outside the back of my apartment.