I’m shaking my head

Ok guys need some help, I have a 4x4 tent, I have a 1300 watt LED, I’ve got it on a timer for 20 on 4 off, these are white widow autos, they are 3 weeks old, a couple of the leaves have a bit of a curl to them, I water them once a day but they seem stunned and the stalks seem thin to me, ffof is the soil in 5 gallon pots… I do have a small fan going at all times, with the fan on the soil dries out so that is why I water daily… what am I doing wrong???

Looks way over watered to me, someone with more experience will be along shortly to either confirm my suspicions or hand me a dunce cap! Good luck

5 Likes

I was already typing that and the internet dropped off my phone. The soil looks really saturated.

1 Like

I had just watered them when I took pictures

1 Like

Way to much water to be honest. I looked and could barely see a dry ring right at the edge of the fabric.

Barely dry at the edge.

Should I water every other day??? I use a sprayer and just wet the soil, I used my meter and it barely reads any moisture

For me at that age, they don’t required a lot of water. I have 19 months under my belt for my technique. Trial and error. But I wouldn’t give more than 1 cup of water per feeding. Once much bigger, then you need to step it up.

Welcome plants that size I usually water about every 3 days. In a 6 inch circular pattern so the roots will spread out looking for moisture I usually do the sample finger check down about inches .

1 Like

I agree that the surrounding soil is too saturated. A few milliliters of water per day will be all they need when that young.

The wavy leaves are normal. Looks like a fairly healthy seedling.

I’ve read that this full spectrum led is not enough light, everyone recommends the HLG 260, is that what you’ll think?? I know this is my first indoor grow and like I said the stalks seem skinny compared to my outdoor plants

1 Like

I think your plant looks good it’s going to be fine just let the pot dry out a little bit before you water again. The HLG 260 kit you will need two of those lights to efficiently flower a 4 by 4 tent.

HLG 260xl rspec is what I use in my 4x4 tent now. I have two light kits up and your plants will thank you for it.

1 Like

Thanks guys I appreciate all your help

1 Like

@BIGD3
I agree with everyone above, a little less love will do them good. That being said… I’ve had 2 rounds with ILGM White widow Fems (6 plants total) everyone of them had some form of leaf curl. Back off the water and you will be fine

4 Likes

Some oscillating fans that will cause a light breeze to the top of the canopy will help strengthen the stalk. You can use a wire to put a halo around it so it doesn’t fall over. Light breezy not hurricane winds.

2 Likes