I’m Scared to transplant Seedling

Im just starting a Grow and I don’t want to transplant can I just plant my seedling in a 5gal pot?

You can, just be sure to dome it, so the humidity stays higher inside.
Welcome to the forum!

3 Likes

And if it’s an auto its recommended and the dome is a must to avoid helmet heads

1 Like

Yes, you can. And honestly I’ve done it without anything over it and it still works. For autos that’s the preferred method too because transplanting can stunt growth and you need all the time you can with autos.

1 Like

@GreenSnek so that will prevent them huh? I always just planted and never domed them… lol. Always had to hope that didn’t happen or pick them off.

2 Likes

Yea I find that helmet heads tend to happen because the top inch of soil is to dry and it dries out the shell making it to hard for the seedling to split it

1 Like

Ok thanks so much. And im growing a Feminized CandyLand

1 Like

Thank you

1 Like

@GreenSnek is that the only purpose? I see people here do it all the time, but I’ve never needed to. But I have those bad boys like half the time.

1 Like

Yea clones NEED a humidity dome because they dont have a root system where as seedling starts with a root and get 95% of its water from that somewhere along the line they got it mixed up that both need the dome

1 Like

Ah. Makes sense about the clones. I haven’t cloned before. I’ve been doing autos.

I think the reason some people need humidity domes and other people don’t probably has to do with where they are growing and what the ambient humidity is. Southeast US has much higher humidity then southwest US and many of us are somewhere between the extremes.

3 Likes

Not really, I live in the southwest desert with very low humidity and I never dome seedlings, never felt the need, moist soil seems to do the trick just fine.

4 Likes

I had no idea autos were hindered by transplanting them damn I have my autos in a seedling starter tray that’ll require I transplant them.

Should not be a big issue…just be careful during transplant so you don’t shock the seedling.
Many folks that grow autos (I am not one of them) do transplant and other do not.