I’m not sure what it is?

Hello everyone, I hope you guys are doing well. My plants are sour diesel and they’re just a few days over 16 weeks old. So I’m in the final stretch. After putting the girls to bed and doing my nightly inspection.
I noticed this white crystallize/powdery substance on one of the little buds and since I wasn’t sure what it was and i’m thinking it might be some type of mold or fungus I clipped the little bud off as you can see. I hope it’s not what I’m thinking, but if it is, is there anything else that I can do besides clipping. the buds off that have it on it.
If it is some type of mold/fungus how fast does it spread because I think I see some more but I don’t wanna start clipping buds off if I don’t have to. Thanks again for all your help

1 Like

The quality of the download of these pics are not as good as the actual pic on my phone. So if anyone would like me to try to take and download a better pic just let me know. Thanks again :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

@Striven4 Yeah I would just out of curiosity…It looks like Caterpillars may have gotten to it. Look between the buds and see if you notice any “munching” from them on the stem. To me that’s what that dried out brownish part looks like.

1 Like

I did what you suggested and didn’t see any munching going on. I picked a part another bud I and took some pics with my microscope. So you guys can get a better look.

1 Like

Wow great looking Macro shots of the Trichomes!! I do see some tiny black specks? wonder if its poop? Also pull back the buds that are on the plant and look between them at the stem for marks they will be on the stem not really the buds.

2 Likes

I did that and the stems look untouched

1 Like

Welcome to the awesome world of Sour D. Everyone I grow puts out an enormous amount of powdery keef when I grind the buds up :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

So I have nothing to worry about? I remember seeing photos, back in the day of a strain called Lambs Breath and the buds were covered in white. I’m just so worried here in the final stretch of doing the right thing.
Thanks again

1 Like

The brown in the broken bud looks odd, how’s the environmental conditions as far as RH in flower. Can you send a few more pics?

1 Like

Here’s some pics of a few buds from a couple of different plants and since I live in the north east as of late the humidity has been kinda high. Since that is, I thought it would help keeping a large oscillating fan on them at all times. I hope these pics are good enough, if not let me know. Thanks

2 Likes

Hey Man Looks like you have some nice thick buds!! Just cure it right and Im sure you’ll be happy!! Let us know how it turns out!!