I’m at 8 weeks flowering fan leaves are yellowing. I have amber trichcomes. Is it ready?

As you can see I’m confused on when to harvest. Should I let it go longer. I want to have it at it’s peak thx for the help

1 Like

I would say any day now. Got a pic of the whole plant?

2 Likes

It’s ready for harvest. Most people start flushing when they the first amber colors. What percentage of amber are you seeing on the trichomes?

3 Likes

It not much amber but it’s there. I say maybe 5%

2 Likes

Also what kind of high are you looking for? Energetic or narcotic (couch lock)?

2 Likes

I’ll get one when light come on today

I like more of a energetic high. Depends on what I’m doing for the day

1 Like

Then I would harvest soon as possible. You should start flushing now. No more nutrients.

2 Likes

Overall, if you aren’t seeing too many white pistils, it’s there. Just make sure and check the whole plant, not just the top pretties :wink: But I would harvest that particular bud.

That was the only reason I was asking about the whole plant. And also the yellow leaves are probably normal as well, and another sign of the overall ‘done-ness’

4 Likes
1 Like

It’s also a good idea to give your plant 48-72 hours of darkness before you harvest. This causes the plant to produce the maximum amount of trichomes.

2 Likes

It was LSTed so most of the tops are the same

2 Likes

Cha-ching! Turn the lights out and leave the fans on. Start the clock, cut you a taster off if you want to go ahead and start drying it - in other words - game on!

3 Likes

And if you have a dehumidifier, keep it on (or turn it on if you have one not running)

2 Likes

more amber trichomes is a more sedative high.
more milk white trichomes is more energetic high. the longer you wait the more amber youll have. Congrats!!! Im so jealous because im probably 7 weeks from harvest

1 Like

I’m soooo ready to taste my first harvest :grin::grin:

4 Likes

Pinch a bud and try it. Won’t hirt anything

4 Likes

One of my little larf-buds is getting close, I’ll be doing the same :slight_smile:

How do you do a test without drying out a bud. Early pinch to taste

I have a dehydrator. I put it on low (90f) and it takes 4-6 hours for a little bud to dry out. You could put it in an oven really low or some other options (internet search). But it has to be dry to smoke :slight_smile: