I’m a virgin, first time to Breed

Ok all I am going for my first time, I am a virgin,lol never bred before and am going to keep a journal here and need support from breeders, @Midwestnewbie @Cheeser @Spiney_norman & whoever else cares,LOL have a great day.

Here are my starts, I am groing in super soil, the exact recipie from the Rev 2.0, it is really amazing, I droped my seed Skunk1 (sorry ILGM but love you & your seeds) directly into soil in cups,yes same soil Rev. 2.0 mix, it is so powerful that you don;t really want to transplant into it, but when the tap comes out of the seed if it hits this fertile soil it is fine, you will see an amazing thing here with this way of growing, although I am making seed,but same principle just not going for smoke but seed instead.

I have read up quite a bit in the past years but have yet to purposely make seed, not looking to go into the business Robert but to survive here in the midwest Ozarks with this strain I have.

Here are the seed at 3 days in soil,just breaking light.

At 1 week from seed.

I will for simplicity drop the 3 days off and start with plant age, this is at 2 weeks last Friday when I took these pics.

So this is where I am,I will just post pics weekly until I get to where I sex them,I am guessing I have 2 females out of 6 seeds, might be 3 but 2 are very healthy & all came up from seed within 24 hours of each other right at 3 days and I think the 3 or 4 largest ones are males, especially the one on screen bottom left,just guessing tho.

I really appreciate this Forum ILGM, it really is a great thing,thanks staff.

8 Likes

We look forward to the updates! Welcome to ILGM!

4 Likes

Welcome! Where did you find you soil recipe? Looking for a good super soil

3 Likes

Thanks for the tag! Set to watching good luck :four_leaf_clover:

2 Likes

I’m watching. I grew skunk #1, have to say it was anything but skunky.

3 Likes

Good luck on your first grow :wink::wink:

1 Like

This is the best book & soil recipe I have found, the taste of the flower is so nice this way,no nutes at all just water,no kidding.

https://www.amazon.com/True-Living-Organics-All-Natural-Marijuana/dp/1937866092/ref=sr_1_1?crid=RBWVKULAIR7D&keywords=true+living+organics&qid=1579625961&sprefix=true+living+o%2Caps%2C192&sr=8-1

1 Like

Thanks @Interlu but this is actually just my first attempt at intentional breeding,have done this accidentally,LOL I have been growing for many, many years but outdoor, I am 60 this year so from the old school, I have 3 legal grows indoor all successful to an extent but since I stopped using Nutes my bud is freaking amazing, never would have thought this could be done indoors and with $89 led’s, I have another post under Grandaddy Purple Harvest if you would like to take a look.

2 Likes

Awesome, thanks. I’ll take a look! That’s what I’m looking for…no adding nutes all the time.

1 Like

Yep the cost is probably about the same,maybe just a bit higher at first but it is easy and the best smoke ever,smooooooth, I can help you out if you need, I have read that book 3 times plus,it is about how the microbes feed the plant the elements you put raw into the soil, it is amazing and you never have to worry about if they have enough or too much nutes,the micro orgs. eat the raw elements and crap on the roots,quick version of what you will read,LOL have fun and get this.

3 Likes

Hey @AAA how was the weed itself,the Skunk1? I have only had ILGM’s Super Skunk and not a big fan of the sweet taste,it tastes good but not like weed,LOL how was the taste & potency??? I am in Mo. but copped these out in Portland Oregon area, seems like all the good stuff everyone makes fem.

2 Likes

Awesome. I downloaded it already. I’ll be reading soon. I’ll hit you up with questions as they come up! Thanks a bunch

2 Likes

That’s a frosty bud! Nice

1 Like

Not that impressive. Sweet, incense, floral, and fruit notes. According to legend the skunk smell was too strong when it was brought to Amsterdam so they bred out the skunk smell.

Overall I would give the final product a 6/7. The plants were beautiful, bud buds, high calyx to leaf ratio.

I just like my weed to be loud! SK1 was not.

2 Likes

Thanks & they taste marvelous too, especially when you smoke them thru a Pax3 vaporizer https://www.pax.com/products/pax-3?variant=13409001341043 it taste way better then vaping concentrates but there is still nothing like my old glass bong with raw weed in it,LOL took me a couple day’s to figure the Pax3 out,LOL :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Read about half the book last night. I’m liking it so far. So you do all the layering and the spikes?

What about transplanting so many times? I was hoping to do solo cups into final pots. Transplanting wore on my nerves last time. I was not good at it lol. I dropped one plant upside down into the new pot🤪. It made it but I was a nervous wreck

Yes I do spikes, bottom & top dressings I don’t use the middle, I only transplant once but almost alway’s just start the seed in my 2 or 3 gal pot as long as they are fem seed,if you do that with reg seed you will have to recycle the soil in the pot after you chop them,the roots that are in the soil will cause you problems if you just try to reuse the pot without cleaning it and putting fresh soil in. I will try and upload a transplant video for you before you are ready,you will need to cook that mix for at least 1 month & that is if you can keep it around 75 to 80 deg. But it is worth it,I make my soil in a double compost tumbler I have,it is great for mixing it together & aging it in, mine is in my heated John deer room, I am almost to the point of total recycle,couple more grows and no more bagged soil for me. A quick tip on transplant is not to worry about it, I actually take all the soil off the root and shove it down into a hole in the soil,LOL,mainly with clones,just never transplant into this soil unless the seed was germ, in it, if you germ, out of the soil you will need to build a barrier of bagged potting soil to drop it in,at least 2 inches from the super soil and then the roots will find the raw supplements on their own terms.

1 Like

4 Likes

I eventually want to get to that point!! That’s some beautiful growth!!! @acort

1 Like

Thanks for the info. I’ll keep reading!!

1 Like