I’m a new Grower and I want some opinions

I been growing the Zkittlez auto flower for about 2 weeks be going on 3 on Tuesday
I am using a 2x2 grow tent
MARS HYDRO TS 600W LED Grow Light 2x2ft Coverage Sunlike Full Spectrum
I do have a fan to circulate the air in the tent and keep it cool off and the humidity sit about 47-50
Growing in fox farm Ocean forest potting soil
I don’t have a lot of money to put into it rn to get better equipment but I’m trying to utilize what I can get and have
I’m not sure on nutrients and how to go about that rn I’m trying to learn but it’s a bit confusing for me

Here a picture of how the plant doing so far

If you have any suggestions to help me learn more please I’m all ears to any advice ps I am growing in a 1 gallon Fabric pot cuz that all I have access to at the moment

6 Likes

Looks like a good start. May want to up the pot size.

2 Likes

Plant looks nice and healthy good job for your first grow and an autoflower.

Your pretty much stuck to that pot now unless you have a 3 or 5 gallon pot. Fabric pots have the plants growing their roots right into them.
So that small amount of soil will be running empty on nutrients pretty quickly, meaning funding a nutrient line that you can use for grow and flower at the top of your priority list. A tds meter will be needed and a PH meter, you will also need PH up and PH down.

Whatever is the least expensive, get that it will work in terms of nutrients.

A word of warning cheap PH pens often don’t work very well, sometimes they work. A PH apera starter kit with calibration fluid is what we recomond but a cheap on may work if your really tight on the budget.

4 Likes

Thank you for your advice helps a lot

2 Likes

Looks great so far. You might want to look into getting organic nutrients. Better on the pocket book. :moneybag:

2 Likes

Welcome to the community. I would get her into a bigger pot probably a 3 gal pot. Jacks 3-2-1 is very good and not expensive. Other wise she looks good

3 Likes

Welcome to the community.

1 Like

Like @Nicky said about a tds meter and a Ph meter. Amazon has some and there not expensive. Until you can get a apera Ph meter.

2 Likes

Hey plant looks great doing a great job, I’m new too and have gone have way over budget, but 1 thing will need is a bigger pot, container. I used same type of soil got through 4-5 weeks never feed any nutes, But I would recommend the ph and ppm pen, I didn’t have them tell recently and was able to determine what my plants needed, I knew nothing about watering to run off, and testing it to see what they need. Was using the Up Down hydro kit to test ph but 6.8 is a big difference from 6.2. I just winging it as I go, enjoy the ride best of luck

3 Likes

Best of luck! :+1:. Love :heartpulse: your confidence. Happy Growing :raising_hand_woman:t2::green_heart:

1 Like

Like @Deepsix said Jack’s 321 nutrient line is a great nutrient and very cost effective.

3 Likes

As your plant gets larger and flowering begins you are gonna want some ventilation fan to pull air out of and into your tent to cool and exchange the air. A small 4 inch inline exhaust fan will handle that.

1 Like

I wouldnt normally suggest transplanting an auto but 1 gal is going to make it very difficult for you. A 3 or 5 gal will be much more forgiving

2 Likes

@Chriskaoss welcome to a brilliant community. Great bunch here and on the money with their advice. A bigger pot with a bit more compost in there would buy you a bit more time to get nutrients sorted out. Babies are looking great so spot on so far :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I see the leaf edges begin to sawtooth up. Ensure you’re letting your grow medium dry before you water. Don’t water wet or even most soil. Ever. It could be heat. Ensure your light isn’t heating your leaves too much (85F is my personal max and prefer lower but I’ve heard of others go higher).

Control your light intensity. Download the Photone app and use a diffuser (piece of printer paper) over the phone’s front camera. Set the light intensity to 463 PPFD at 18/6 on/off. When your auto begins to flower turn up the light to 617 PPFD but leave schedule at 18/6. Remember to check leaf temp and if it’s too hot raise the light and readjust intensity to 617.

Keep track of humidity. Heat and humidity go hand in hand to keep the plant transpiring (like breathing). Look up your leaf temp on a VPD chart and get your humidity in the range for your stage of growth (you’re currently in veg).

Dechlorinate your tap water by letting it sit out a cpl days, add Cal Mag+ then adjust pH to 6.3-6.5. I recommend top dressing dry nutrients (Dr Earth or other at Home Depot). NO slow release fertilizer such as Miracle Grow.

Microbes can help the plant use the nutrients you give it regardless of brand. I recommend Real Grower’s Recharge.

Hope this helps.

3 Likes

One thing I should add: Your municipality could use chlorimine vs chlorine as it’s disinfectant. A granular activated carbon (GAC) filtration system is the most effective way to remove chloramines from water. Letting it sit will not dissipate chloramine.

3 Likes