I know there are a ton of these but anyone be kind enough to give a guestimate? would help me a lot

im about 65 to 70 days into flowering. im over 85% redish to 15% white hairs . I used an app to get magnified pictures as best a i could. I know you guys cant work magic but any opinion would be super appreciated

1 Like

I used a jewelers loop to check mine. It all depends on what effect you are looking for. Hope thi5f93c39dd91545466919d4bbf9cc2af56c24d8ce_1_435x500 s helps.

4 Likes

@Bobeuro Got an overall of the plant? Not really seeing any amber!

2 Likes

yep got a few new pics . so ill lay out my predicament… its like this … this was a bag seed. after months of care a few pollen sacs appeared. i have since got some good blueberry and im just starting to flip it and dont want it contaminated so i want to harvest ASAP but i also dont wanna ruin things by going to early. so im really struggling on when to cut. I was thinking another week or so maybe. I started flushing this last few days and only giving water now. I hope i did the right thing. but I guess you have to learn by your mistakes lol I should be freaking Einstein by now

4 Likes

Depends on the buzz you want man! Too early and you will get a speedy and anxious buzz :frowning_face: not my favorite! I actually used to use an erector eyepiece from an old toy telescope to check Triches and it worked OK, bag seed so you got no info on it, but looks like at least 2 weeks or more to me, usually they start consuming the leaves at the end! How long has she been flowering?

Honestly I can’t see anything. I’d recommend a wireless microscope for 20-30$. Really takes the guesswork out.

That being said I think you’re probably there depending on what you want. I like milky not much amber and that’s where I’m guessing you’re at. Make sure to check multiple colas in multiple areas on the plant and steer clear of sugar leaves - these turn sooner than bud.

Per @Nicky I would leave her in dark 48 hours before chop (a week after flush) - another trick is to spike your ph way outa wack so she can’t uptake any nutrients. Still flush but flush with like 5.0 ph.

You nailed it man looks like you have real high quality herb. Great job - don’t take your eyes off the prize drying and curring are the most important steps to make sure all that hard work comes to fruition. Tag me if I can help down the road. :+1:

3 Likes

thank you guys so much. when you work so hard on these things it really helps to have an outside perspective on things. im grateful for your time. never tried the 48 hours darkness before harvest definitely gonna try that. ill buy a cheap USB scope for future. im about 68 days into flower so another week or so will be close to 80 days. things look like the cloudly stage now so hopefully some more amber colors come soon. cant thank you all enough… PEACE

3 Likes

One suggestion is to get a scope with a solid base. Because of the high level of magnification, you need a solid base with no vibration in order to get good pictures and be able to see what you are looking at.

I like my scope which is a Pluggable 2 but it came with a flexible stand. It vibrated way too much so had to buy a solid stand separately. However, one benefit of the Pluggable is it can easily be attached to a camera tripod because of its original screw stand attachment. It is great for taking on plant pictures.

Example of a tripod shot

Beautiful plant

11 Likes

Nailed it.

Also don’t forget chop in the dark, the main stock or at least within 2min.
After that sugars rush up and you don’t want that can effect it a bit.

2 Likes

@Bobeuro your at 68 days, so if breeder said 50-60 days you are real close, if they said 60-70 then you got a bit to go, usually! You need to add the time from when you put them in 12/12 until you noticed the buds start forming, usually 6-12 days, some take longer and some less. Then add those days to what the breeder listed as days for maturity! You do need a scope to check Triches, but they also help with pest I.D.

3 Likes

Excellent stand can’t beat that!!

1 Like

I think the others have you set on directions from here, but what are you growing? Sure is leafy!

2 Likes

@tbrant1969 check out post 7. It contains information on the USB scope I use

1 Like

Hey @Nicky are you referring to the 48th hour? It needs be at most 2 mins after that otherwise sugars will rush up and affect it?

Always chop in the dark?

Thanks

2 Likes

@Nicky Hey Nicky I think that post right above this one might have been lost among your notifications but could you get back to me on this whenever you have a minute. Thanks brother

1 Like

Source for that specific scope?

Amazon

this is the replacement stand

3 Likes

I wish I didn’t have a new microscope arriving today. I’m not sure if it has a threaded hole for a tripod, but I can always make an adapter.

That was one reason I bought the plugable but I didn’t want to have to buy a different stand too.

Sorry been busy at home but yes.
Leave the plants in 48hr of darkness and you have under 2min to chop the main stem so just open the tent have the snips ready and boom cut it.

1 Like