I know many ways to skin a cat, what's best for my situation?

I was wondering what would be my best situation for the drying and curing of my BUDZz?

• i control temperature in my room by central ac unit. i can keep my room between 68*-72* (possibly 65* but unless its in 60’s outside its hard to get my room colder).
  • rh% in my room fluctuates but normal stays between 55-65%, but can go into the 70% and higher. i have a humidifier and dehumidifier if needed.
  • i have a dark closet i could use. i also have a spare grow tent i could set up.

As far as i know 60* & 60%rh are what people say is the best. i could go get a little wine fridge or something. just wondering what everyone else does? also i live in south where warm most of the year so it will get harder to cool my room, summertime temp would be 70*-82* in my room.

2 Likes

I have a small unused bathroom I use. It’s got an exhaust fan to help keep air moving and the room is small enough that it is easy to control temp and RH. I try to maintain 68F and 60% RH.

Your plan sounds solid.

4 Likes

ok cool i was most worried about temp, it will be hardest to control. what are you using in bath for temp? is it got a central ac vent in it?

1 Like

Depends on the season. I need humidifiers in the winter and dehumidifiers in the summer. Temp takes care of itself if I keep airflow up.

5 Likes

I feel like this was a tutorial, not a question lol. Your temps aren’t bad. It’s tryyyyying to get cooler here in the south, so as it does, the numbers are easier to reach. You got a humidifier and dehumidifier so that’s all good. Man, I’d say you’re set really. 60/60 is ideal, but rarely achievable for homegrowers without spending a few hundred to a couple grand on ac/rh control and all that jazz. Just keep humidity under 60 as best you can and over 50, and keep the air moving.

And my bad I didn’t answer the question. I hang in an upstairs bathroom, window cracked, during cooler months. Summer time, they’re blocked off in the grow room getting about, 67/50 temp/rh.

5 Likes

HAHA dude this whole experience is a tutorial for me haha. until i have enough experience to contribute … :slightly_smiling_face:

Awesome i think i can get to 67-68* and i for sure can get down to 50rh. bet man
appreciate it man. its calms my nerves to be able to plan from others experience instead of winging everything (way to stressful!).

2 Likes

Bro, everything I know about growing has come from this forum, period. I’ve only been at it a year and a half and the quality of the grows have gotten better and better. With those temps and that rh you should do fine. I leave all the leaf matter on, and do a whole plant chop if possible. I had some super dry days this year and ended up with a couple drying in like 4 days. When you can get like 10-14 days drying, the difference in taste is big time noticable.

4 Likes

what is your method of dry cure. you said you leave the leaf matter on and chop the whole plant to dry. so thats a wet or dry trim? do you use bags or jars?

1 Like

Lol I did put that backwards. If the plant is a little bigger, I’ll chop it in sections. If there’s a lot of leaf material, i may trim a little, but usually i leave all the fan leaves. If it isn’t too big, I’ll cut the plant down and hang the whole thing. The more actual plant, the longer it should take to dry.

After 5-7 days, usually, I’ll trim fan leaves and take the buds off the bigger stems. Then I put them in a small box to let them “sweat”. The middle of the buds has more moisture, so this allows it to redistribute throughout. Stays in the box for 2-3 days, couple shakes a day to move air a little.

Then, roughly 10 days after chop, into Grove Bags for cure/storage.

1 Like

I buy the cannatrol cool cure machine, press a few buttons, make sure the water drain is empty every day for the 4-5 day dry cycle, flip the buds every other day so they don’t go flat on one side, make sure my little sponge is moist after day 2 of dry cycle, then sit back and wait till the 10 day process is over. Then I sit back to sone of the smoothest smoke without worrying of all the other crap traditional drying has to deal with. :+1:

Now as far as skinning a cat is concerned ? I just get my lawn mower out and run over their asses. :joy: Just kidding .

2 Likes

WOW :star_struck:

How much can you do at once?

HAHA i agree with the cats! My mom would never forgive me until the day she died …OMG :fearful: she probably come back as a ghost to haunt me! lol

1 Like

Well I’m just pulling out my first ever harvest and run through the machine . So far I have just shy of 10oz of made of honor from twenty20 Mendocino. About an ounce of zkittlzz and still have 2 more trays to go . I’m putting in Grove bags so I can finish cutting the rest of my harvest and put them in dry cycle. Once they shrink up in dry I’ll add back in what’s in the grove bags to cure even more along with the rest of my harvest to cure. What a fantastic first ever grow in a 5x5 ac infinity with growers choice ROI -e720 ,add on uvs, co2 and all the rest of the bells n whistles. I’m freaking stoked right now.

this seems pretty simple and easy. thanks man. i am going to do this or maybe get a wine / cigar fridge.

2 Likes

thanks awesome man i am stoked for you! i would be excited about that new toy and the fruits of my labor! i think i am going to go with a cigar / wine fridge if i buy something right now.

1 Like