I know its been done but what would y'all recommend for indoor tent 3x3 or 4x4 and why?

Super new here. Deciding whether to get 3x3 or 4x4. I’m more wondering about the lights and the pros and cons in regards to how much power it cost to run and such. This is just for personal. I appreciate everyone in advance!

2 Likes

I have a 3x3 and really like it. However, if I had room for a 4x4 I would have gone with one. Lighting and accessories will be more up front and to operate in a 4x4. To start you can run it as a 2x4. This can reduce the initial outlay.
Because I enjoy growing, I now have 3 spaces I use.
A 3x3x7 tent with 450w of light
a 30"x72" closet with 3 HLG 260
a 2x2 pvc frame in an unused bathroom with a Sonofarm SF4000

2 Likes

SIZE MATTERS, honest truth.
What is the largest tent your designated space can handle?
What Intake and Exhaust can be provided in support of environment?
Legal?
Investment $ available (keep some for bail, if not legal)?
Building system for hobby, Necessary, learning or resale?
Growing is like car shopping. You need to know what will make you happy and what works.
Bugatti Dreamer, Saburau driver currenly

5 Likes

Yup, same for me,.
Just found my third grow place. Lung room (visited often, multiple reasons, is my story), changed Light bulbs for LED GROW (screw in, 9 Watt LCD “full Spectrum” bulbs).

Provides enough light for me to maintain grow activity, smoke (house-smell free) , or just hang out in lug room. Clones may actually like the space. Time will tell.

3 Likes

4x4 is 16 square feet. Will be more expensive to light adequately but will provide more room for your plants and for you to move around. I like it because you can dedicate a 2x2 space to each plant. And have room to move around if you wanna space em that way. :v:

3 Likes

Fortunately I’m in the spot where it’s legal, so that’s dope. I’m really limited to headspace. It’s 80" from floor to floor joist in my basement. Laterally I can do a 10x10 if I wanted, but that’d be way too much for me. But I think I’m going to go with a 4x4, maybe even a 5x5. I like the idea of having a foot or two to move around. And from what I’ve been researching it’s easier to find a decent light for a 4x4+ space versus 3x3. I’m really wanting to go with the living soil mainly water the route.

2 Likes

Check out MeEasy what is going on now, he is very successful with living soil and using Earth Dust. The thread is huge and covers a lot of areas.
Lights and 4x4
You are correct. You can find a lot of lights to cover a 4x4 space. There also are lots made for 2x4’. Two lights offer more flexibility.

2 Likes

Come visit, click on my Homer and then click my featured topic you’ll be magically teleported over.

Nutrients I do good with Earth Dust, check out thegreensunshineco dot you know what for info.

Lights are everywhere including thegreensunshineco they have imo the best light made. There’s a million others out there though and probably half of them would do great for you. I just say be careful shopping for lights there’s a bunch of thieves out there with fake name brand leds… if it sounds to good to be true it probably is

3 Likes

Absolutely. More space. Be very sure on the max height.
80 inches is 6.5 feet and you might need 81 inches of clearence ( else shortent tent poles and have baggy tent.) 4x4x72 if cant fit 80

I would, If i could.
Please Santa.

1 Like

My opinion would be 3x3 its easy to get access and move ladies around. Thats the reason i personally have a 3x3 going. I have a hlg blackbird inside tgat tent love it

4 Likes

Depends on how much weed you need per harvest and how much money you have. For personal use a well run 3x3 is more than enough. You can pretty much setup a whole 3x3 tent for cost of decent 4x4 light. Room to move plants around and such sounds great, but it’s really just making your grow less efficient. If ypu have money to throw at it, then by all means bigger is usually easier.

2 Likes