I just made FECO but it’s not mixing in with my MCT oil. Anyone know why?

The FECO isn’t mixing with my Mct oil and i am confused…anyone help?

1 Like

A little heat. A touch of lecithin helps binding in oil and water.

2 Likes

The plate below is heated, it’s been on for like legit 5+ minutes. It’s also sticking to my mixing tool.

1 Like

What temp? Keep under 200 but need enough to turn the hash oil liquid. Once you hit the sweet spot it SHOULD just melt like wax.

1 Like

It seems like the temp was a bit too high…~ 300, I raised it because it wasn’t melting. Might that be the problem?

I’m just confused as to why it’s not melting in.

1 Like

Too high kills thc. Try adding a little sunflower lecithin. I have had rso be stubborn. Just mix mix mix.

2 Likes

I do have lecithin, I’ll try this. How much?

1 Like

Half to a teaspoon will do it. Also helps digest it. Will allow it to mix with water for cakes and gummies…etc. will NOT hurt a thing using it.

2 Likes

Seems as though it still didn’t mix very well. Maybe I did the process wrong.

1 Like

What arebyou going to use it for. Strange it wont mix. Oil in oil with lecithin should blend.

1 Like

This was my first time making it. Just a practice run for me. I would use it for edibles, or just putting it under my tongue / gum. Stuff like this.

1 Like

Ok no worries. Take the practice batch and make a cake…:grin:. Mix eggs and oil well. The eggs are plum full of lecithin. If the oil has a lot of impurities in it you can expect the clumping. I transitioned to infusing instead of making rso for ease and much better for cooking. Can also just eat a tblspn of mct infused or olive/coconut. I use a machine but can make it just fine old school in a pot/slow cooker/double boiler etc. First times are trials so only loss is sticky. Bonus is knowledge. As long as you did not cook off the terpines and turn the thc to a non active compound with heat then this batch will get you off. Just be aware with it clumping that hotspots can occur. Mix mix mix…then mix again. Edibles are my medical friends and my preference. Making gummies requires heat so making a batch of those will give a more even mix.

3 Likes

Thanks, I’ll have to practice a few more times and get it down.

1 Like

Thats all it takes. Good filtering of that rso is a must.

1 Like

Is it possible your feco wasnt distilled thoroughly.

1 Like

I don’t think that’s possible. I think all I had to do was remove it a bit earlier because my distiller caves downwards. I did make a pretty successful batch last night!

3 Likes

Just asking because my wife uses the feco to dose all her edibles,make canna sugar, canna butter, infused corn syrup etc. And i gave her some that hadnt been reduced all the way down to tar and she had problems with it now i make sure its tar and not the least bit runny. Probably not what yor dealing with. I use a levo 2 to infuse mct oil and havnt had any problems. I set it at 185 f and set for 8 hours when i come home its done. 32 plus grams of tar in 14 oz of mct. Hope your able to figure it out.

1 Like