I hope to prove that an old dog can be taught new tricks, with some help from the kind folks at ILGM

@Jitters Check the clearance on your lights as well. They look like they were stretching a little as well.

1 Like

@Jitters, have you done anything about getting the stuff to check and adjust ph of your water? This is extremely important for you to do as it’s probably number 2 for growing problems here. Amazon sells a unit made by Aptera that others here are recommending.

Once you get your plants established you can lower the lights. The rule of thumb is to put your hand under it. The point where it’s hot is too close.

1 Like

@Getbackjojo
I have the LED light set up at 36" above the plants. KIND light suggests that their should be between 30" to 36" above plants.
Oh, forgot to mention that my LED light quit working properly yesterday. I will have to send it back before I get a new light from KIND.In the meanwhile, I guess I will take the ladies out of the tent and place them near a window for light. I do not have an alternative light source for the tent, but if anyone has any ideas, I would love to hear them.
Thanks again, Jitters

You suggested doming the girls which I have done as well as watering as suggested. The girls are in a tent and I have them under a 750 W LED set as suggested by KIND lights. You suggested turning off any hot lights so as not to burn the girls. Do you remove the domes when the girls are under the lights??

1 Like

I’d just like to add that your girls are very tall. When you transplant them I’d bury all but about an inch otherwise they’ll fall over

Welcome!

Agree with @bob31 your sprouts are way to fragile for nutrients…I generally transplant sprouts at 3-5 sets of leaves to 5 gallon pots with a good soil like Fox Farm Ocean Forest, which feeds them about three more weeks then I introduce vegetative growth nutrients. For now you want to let your babies dry then transplant into fresh soil, only add pH 6.5 water for now.

I am very interested on how cannabis helps your symptoms, I have a friend 7 years post AML stem cell transplant who suffers badly with graft-versus-host, maybe your experience can help convince her to try mmj😍

1 Like

Laura thanks for the advice. When I do transplant, I will make sure the ladies are buried deep enough to only let a little of the plants to peek out above the soil.Jitters

1 Like

Mine were about two inches tall before transplanting tuem. Gotta show you my girls. Second week flowering

3 Likes

Hey Laura, those are some healthy looking ladies! Great job, I’ll be asking for your help again soon! LOL
How many ladies are hiding under that nice canopy??

1 Like

Six, three amensia haze , three Ak47

Have you gotten any feedback about potential issues with your light?

I’m assuming you bought it new recently, that has to be disappointing! Kind is a fairly large name in horticulture lighting, I’m sure they’ll make it right. I’m actually very surprised they didn’t offer you some kind of zero downtime replacement. Like next day Ship you one for free, and them you return your defective unit in the box they send. Please keep us updated.

I can’t help much with your nutes and plants, but I know lights fairly well. The k5 xl750 advertises having custom spectrum control, do you have this? If so, you’re going to want to dim the red lights at this point of your grow. That will keep your seedlings from stretching as the other members pointed out.

The process of lowering your light every few days is typically called light hardening. It’s basically just giving your plant the opportunity to get use to the amount of light it has. And you have a lot!

Edit…

After going through your thread and commenting, I visited the kind web page. There is fairly decent video there that talks a little about the dimming features, how, and when to use them. Also, 3 year replacement and 90 day money back guarantee. Sounds like they’ll stand behind their products, I’d hold them to it to get you a reasonable solution.

1 Like

My girls are now 2 weeks old and are all over inches, so can I transplant them now? Any hints on preparing the soil for the girls??

1 Like

I bought the KIND light along with a package deal about 3 weeks ago. After a few days, the controller for the exhaust fan quit working. Called the company and a new one was sent to me. At about that same time, the remote to control the KIND light quit working. Shortly thereafter the light started turning on and off of its own volition. Called KIND and after working through a few technical experts, the light still doesn’t work properly. Called KIND again and after taking several photos of the light, etc, etc, I am now waiting for KIND to send me another light, at which time I will send the old one back to them. They did offer to send me a new light now, if I sent them another check for $1300.00 or so, and then I could send them the old one back and once that was completed, I would get a refund for the money I had just sent for a replacement!! This does not make me a happy camper and I can guarantee you I will never do business with this company ever again. For all of the money I spent, you would think they would bend over backwards to fix this situation. When I first called KIND, they said that once I sent my light back, they would repair and return the light. I informed that that I would not accept that option and if they did not send me a new light, I would send their light back ASAP and demand a total refund. Only then did they agree to send me a new light!!! Not happy!!

3 Likes

@bob1 Attaching grow check list as suggested.

COPY/PASTE: This “Support Ticket” into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, ILGM… name of strain: White Widow and Gold Leaf , ILGM

Age from Sprout: 3 weeks (6/24/17)

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco / Brand and type of Soil & Size of Pots: Jiffy seed starting soil and jiffy strip peat pots. I had ordered FFOF as well as Happy Frog but they did not arrive in time. Will transplant into FFOF soon.

How often do you water and how do you determine when to do so? 4 times a day, sprayed with PH water. When soil is dry they get watered.

PH of water and runoff or solution in reservoir: 6.5

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS:

Indoor or Outdoor: indoor

Light system, size and height from plants: KIND XL750, 36 inches above plants

Temps; Day, Night: 69 days, 80 at night with lights on

Humidity; Day, Night: 50%

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size: Yes. Enclosed tent gets AC and vented out via fan

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier: AC yes

Co2; Yes, No: No

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you

Jitters - if you can get a small T5 or even T8 aquarium light that is all i use for sprouts. You can place it a few inches above them and that helps keep them from stretching and getting weak stems

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XHXFB7T/ref=asc_df_B06XHXFB7T5076512?tag=greenrel-20

T5 for sprouts and seedlings

Solo cup seedlings now ready for 5 gallon pots and can move under LED

2 Likes

@s1, thanks for the tip. I will give that light a try!!

2 Likes

@sl1, I have not yet transplanted, except for one long legged lady. I would like to transplant but only plan on doing it once. It looks like you have already transplanted once and are soon going into 5 gal pots. I have read that autoflowering plants don’t like transplanting which is why I would only like to do it once and put them into the 5 gallon pots for their forever home. What is your opinion on this please, kind sir?

1 Like

@jitters it’s true that there is less time to work with autos, but I always start with small jiffy cups with seed starter mix (FF Light Warrior or Miracle Grow seed starter), then after about 7 days move to the solo cup which is a clear cup with bottom cut out then placed in red solo cup, that lets you see the roots growing thru the clear cup, but the cup still drains, and roots can’t bind. The solo cup I mix half seed starter with half regular soil, with the regular soil in the bottom half so the plant roots are a bit more mature by the time they reach it. Usually 7-10 more days in solo cup, then To 5 gallon cloth pots by the time they are 3 weeks old. The autos then have 3-5 weeks in the big pots to really Grow before they start flowering. Then I don’t add nutes until they have been in the 5 gallon pots for 2 weeks, then start on growth nutes 1x week, when I start to see tops, I move to bloom nutes to the transition as well as cal mag, then keep on the bloom until 2nd week of flower, then start adding flower nutes around 2 weeks tilll the end.

Hope this helps!

Just a quick edit @jitters since your little sprouts appear to have some nutrient burn, I’m tagging a couple of experts here to see what they think about your next steps…my system might be too much stress for your little ones and they may have a better idea

@majiktoker @hogmaster

I’m talking sprouts. To about a week to 10 days old I use t5 only no led until they get their dome off. Led lights don’t mix with folier spray or domes.

I usually start them in small black pots then 2 weeks in they should be healthy and ready for transplant at that point into a 1/2 gallon black pot or 5 gallon pot if that’s where she will remain for her life cycle, I usually go to 5 gallons because of how much time remains at the end of the first 2 weeks.

Through you her life cycle shell use all of the room available, and I disagree with it being a waste of soil

1 Like