I hope to prove that an old dog can be taught new tricks, with some help from the kind folks at ILGM

Most growers of weed probably don’t start their first attempt at age 74, but here goes nothing!! LOL . I contracted AML Leukemia 4 years ago and now want to grow my own medicine. I have found the answer to my aches and pains and it ain’t prescription drugs.
I have talked my wife into letting me use our 7 X 5 1/2 foot closet for this grow. I had the closet cleared and then had our electrician come in and install an outlet “so my wife can iron clothes” there.
I have ordered a heavy duty 4 X 4 ft tent and a XL750 LED light, along with accessories, as well as some wonderful seeds from Robert.
I am now waiting for all components to arrive here in Western NC, so I can begin this exciting new chapter in my life.

22 Likes

Welcome to the best forum on the web your never to old my friend we have a wide variety of age on here and we will be more than happy to get you the medication you need and help you have a successful grow from start to finish if you have any questions just Put a @ in front of there name @Jitters please feel free to hit me up anytime you need or have any questions there are some great people on here let me introduce you to a few of the moderators @garrigan62 @Majiktoker @latewood @Donaldj

10 Likes

I’m excited for you you’re really going to have a good time on here can’t wait to see you succeed in your journey

4 Likes

Some really good people here. No egos or attitudes. Welcome.

3 Likes

@Jitters I’m not far from you. I’m still waiting on my first order of beans. I’ve been reading the forums here for a couple of months and have learned so much. Looking forward to watching you do your thing!

1 Like

I am also close. I grow small scale in the North Georgia mountains. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks, I’m really looking forward to this journey!!

2 Likes

Stick around here and you will receive expert advice from everyone here. We all have the grow bone. Share what you do and ask what you need. :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Feel free to ask any questions I am experienced with soil and hydro growing using most lighting set ups and ventilation systems. LED’s are not my forte’ but the plants under them are still the same while you are waiting for your seeds study hard and learn as much as you can

3 Likes

Welcomey friend. You’ll find the greatest most helpful people​ here. It’s never too late. I’m 63 on first grow and you’ll find alot of baby boomers here
Happy hrowing.

3 Likes

Hi there Jitters, A 64 y/o young here. Welcome. I just started my second indoor (and legal!) grow while enjoying the fruits of the first (ILGM White Widow, good stuff!). Have fun growing.

3 Likes

Thanks, I am excited and worried too, but optimistic!!

3 Likes

Thanks to everyone for your words of encouragement. Never having attempted a grow before, I am concerned, but I have confidence in this group, so let’s go!!

5 Likes

Welcome to ILGM! You’ve got this and we’re here to make sure of it.

Happy growing!

1 Like

Looking at your initial post I see your plants will have plenty of light. Probably the biggest risk on a first grow is ‘loving them to death’. Remember to water them when they get dry, maybe add a little fertilizer now and then and they’ll grow fine. There’s a reason it’s called ‘weed’.

4 Likes

Good luck and welcome you have probably already done this but if not download the free grow bible and growers guide from the bottom of the first page at the main site . Im 56 and on my 3rd grow this site was a great place to get a start and real time help many of the times people need it . You already have the big guns of the site offering help so you should be golden .

5 Likes

Thanks, I’ll need the help but am optimistic!!

3 Likes

My first grow and I have already made a rookie mistake, but that’s OK since I am learning with every passing hour.LOL. I apparently need a new pair of glasses because I screwed up when I took 4 seeds (two White Widow and 2 Gold Leaf) and lost them in the grow dirt, somehow ending up with one seed in one peat grow bin and three seeds in another single grow bin. I need to send photos but don’t know how to do so. I also need to fill out the questionnaire and need to know where to find it. I’m loving it so far, even with my errors!!! LOL.

2 Likes

What are your pictures on? If phone or computer, what operating system. On the computer you can copy/ paste or drag and drop. There is also an upload button on the interface where you type @Jitters

I circled it

Here is the support ticket

COPY/PASTE: This “Support Ticket” into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, ILGM… name of strain:

Age from Sprout:

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco / Brand and type of Soil & Size of Pots:

How often do you water and how do you determine when to do so?

PH of water and runoff or solution in reservoir:

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS:

Indoor or Outdoor:

Light system, size and height from plants:

Temps; Day, Night:

Humidity; Day, Night:

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size:

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier:

Co2; Yes, No:

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you

Also here is a Deficiencies & Excesses Chart to help you identify what is wrong with your plants

3 Likes

Thanks brother, I’m going to need all of the help I can get.