I have two questions at 6 weeks in

I have read many posts but still not sure. First…do you think these are ready for 12/12 lighting. I have them on 16/8 right now and tomorrow is 6 weeks from sprout. Second is…the pot on the left is a 5 gallon…the one on the right is a bit smaller and I’m not sure if I will need to transplant to a 5 gallon to go the rest of its life. What do you all recommend please?

I would transplant…see the little yellow leaves at the bottom? could be sign of an issue. Transplant, let them go for a week or so to be sure she is over the transplant, then switch to 12/12… but keep an eye on your Ph and maybe add a bit of nitrogen

1 Like

Do you want a smaller. Medium size or big plant. Once you flower your plant approximately doubles in size. Hope this helps

1 Like

Thanks for the response I went ahead and transplanted the smaller pot plant today to a 5 gallon like the other. Was really amazed by the amount of roots when I took it out of that container. I can see that if I get to do a next grow…I’m going to have to think about finishing with something bigger than even a 5 gallon…

1 Like

That is VERY useful imfo!! The plants as they stand now with containers are almost 4 foot tall. Dealing with 8 feet would for sure be a problem being the ceiling is 9 foot…lol

1 Like

The plant in the 5 gallon still have room for a more suitable tap root and root structure , the smaller plant bucket on the right is probably root bound which means the roots has reach its max in that pot and over feeding and watering can cause nutrient lock outs , which each plant will require a different PPam range during growth . Also , the bigger the roots , the bigger the fruits ? But the smaller pot plant will do okay in that pot size maybe 2-3 ounces maybe if you can manage to keep it healthy and has the right amount of light intensity , which on the other hand the 5 gallon plant will double the size of the smaller pot plant in flower and produce bigger buds cause it will have a much larger root structure to product bigger budding flowers and weight . So depending on vertical space for the stretch , and from the photo you did not top the plant are seeming to scrog train , LST train , it can really stretch vertically in flower , but the smaller plant buds will weigh down the branches verses the bigger pot plant will manage to hold up more stable cause the stalk will be much larger and stretnghten for more weight …hope this helps …Yoshi !!!

2 Likes

Thank you!!..Now that I have both in 5 gallon buckets if no transplant shock appears in the next day or two I will be going to the 12/12 and hope for the best. I was very tempted to top these girls about a week ago but after much reading on this site decided against it. It seemed many thought it wasn’t a good thing to do and would negatively impact amount at harvest…but maybe I just misunderstood?

You might have misunderstood cause topping helps create a more bounty of tops and budding flowers for the bloom phase , not reduce it . But I say give them more like a week to respond and than make the switch and you will do great , but training , topping , are scrogging helps increase your harvest if done properly , but if it’s done in the wrong stages , are stress your plants to much can result in final yield numbers being low , but honestly it’s suppose to help increase not decrease .

1 Like

If you were to top i personally believe it should of been done long back. Id try n pull the tops over vertically and try a scrog. Look it up.

1 Like