I have taken 19 g of plant and put it in four ounces of hundred proof Smirnoff vodka and after it it sets for 14 days will there still be alcohol in it?

opensourcegrwofaq

A customer has a question and I hope we can get some opinions on it, thanks

Yes I know that you guys do not sell Vape juice and the only thing I do buy from you guys is my seeds ,with that being said I have taken 19 g of plant and put it in four ounces of hundred proof Smirnoff vodka and after it it sets for 14 days will there still be alcohol in it?
His recipe calls for 7 g but I figured if it was going to sit for 14 days that I would go ahead and do 19g of White widow .If the person answering the email does not know the answer please pass this on to Robert .
Thanks

There are a few members here who make their own tinctures
But yes there will be some alcohol left in tincture
@AnneBonny @Laurap are two that i know make them so maybe they can help answer any more questions
Join us here on the forum theres a ton of knowledge and we all like to share and help each other grow as cannabis cultivators

I decarb an ounce & put into mason jar in a dark place shaking vigorously everyday for at least a month. The longer you leave it the stronger it will become. When ready strain thru cheescloth. I used 190 proof everclear & you cant put under tongue itll set you on fire. I put mine in a 7 up shot & shoot it down. Very relaxing & if you smoke on top of it Phew!!!

I’ve never done it this way but I don’t think 14 days will be long enough. When I do my CCO with the everclear I cook the alcohol off on an electric hot plate and that takes 20-30 minutes. If your goal is to get all of the alcohol out that may take months IMO. But if if you plan on mixing it with something like @Laurap does it should be infused enough after 14 days. Good luck :+1:

Thats why i tag you ladies
Thanks for helping out :v::wink:

If you want to do a 14 day tincture, put your decarbed herb & alcohol in a mason jar, and then put that in the freezer. The freezer will help burst the plant matter’s cell walls, releasing everything into the solvent. Shake for a couple minutes a few times a day. After 2 weeks, strain, and allow the alcohol to evaporate.

Or you can make some green dragon, where you place that unfrozen, uncovered mason jar in a pool of hot water, then allow the herb/solvent mix to get to 165-170, stirring almost constantly. Do this for about 60-90 minutes, then strain, and allow the remaining liquid to sit in a dark place, uncovered, for several days, until all the alcohol has evaporated off. You could also cook it off, but I’ve had better results just letting it evaporate over a few days.