I have soil gnats

Hi all. My bag of organic soil must’ve had eggs in it because I see a few gnats in my tent.
Asking for advice as my girls are about 16days old (White Widow feminized) and I don’t want to cause any harm to them while trying to get rid of my little annoying pests.
Thanks in advance!!

1 Like

Use diatomaceous ear or mosquito bits on top of your soil. The bits are easier to manage.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0001AUF8G/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_82FF9FPF58X9GSCCMFW8?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

7 Likes

Thank you!!

2 Likes

I dunno about you i use zero chemicals in my smoke… next grow put sand or a small type of.stones over the topsoil so the gnats cannot get into the soil but still lets water flow… also bugs in general hate neem oil and its all natrual… if you use a type of coco as soil medium i dont think they can get inside it either and dont want to since it holds no nutes so their eggs wont be fed… i use humbolt countys tupur mix never had any bug issues and never even used my neem oil i bought just incase… lol🤷‍♂️

1 Like

Mosquito bits are not chemical. Its ground up corn cob impregnated with a natural bacteria that kills Mosquito and Fungus Gnat larva. The plant wont uptake it at all. Just happens to come from a company with Chemical in their name.

4 Likes

Good to know and learn here i dont like misinformation thank you

2 Likes

I use mosquito bits in my pond and my greenhouses. I also use ladybugs to keep the bad bugs at bay.

2 Likes

I use them in the rain barrels. My container is about 5 years old and still works fine.

1 Like

I have noticed that mushrooms like to grow out of the mosquito bits after a few weeks could just be a coincidence, though either way I’m not worried about it.

1 Like

Capt’n Jacks Dead Bug

2 Likes

Thank you everyone, mosquito :mosquito: bits did the trick,

1 Like