I have run into MAJOR trouble with my seedlings

I currently have 5 sprouted seedlings that are LOVING that natural sunlight!!! About a week ago, I attempted to drop seedlings into holes that’ve been well watered with distilled water(I followed “The Bible” lol, to a T)…Those are still waiting to pop outta the peat cups, hopefully…Then 3 days ago, I made the hole about half as deep, and threw my FAVORITE STRAIN in there, and none have sprouted yet, BUT I am in AZ and it’s been super windy and rainy throughout the day, and yes, every time I go out there, I switch their spot so they have the most sun they possibly can…I have 2 GSC seeds in the closet, one is popping and the other is still at the bottom…They didn’t even sprout on top of a heating pad for 2 days…And yes, I use Gloves, 91% Alcohol, Tweezers sitting in alcohol right now, EVERYTHING, EXCEPT goggles and a lab coat…WHAT AM I DOING WRONG???:nerd_face::hospital::thermometer:

1 Like

dont wanna leave ya hanging waiting for someone to respond. honestly the best thing for you to do is fill out a help ticket and someone will answer u. ill tag a few for ya. just search for the help ticket. @Cannabian @Mark0427 @Myfriendis410 any help here?

2 Likes

Most start their seedlings inside or a controlled environment then move them outdoors after two weeks. Seedlings don’t like wind or dry AZ air. Also don’t drown your seeds. If in water and you poke them and they sink. Move to moist paper towel, maintain moisture till desired tap root. Usually 12 hours will make em sink.

3 Likes

I aheee with @Budz, you should sprout your beans inside under a T5 or lower wattage Led with them covered with ado w to Mai rain some moisture. From ground breaking to around 2 weeks, they’ll feed themselves through absorbing the moisture through their leaves until the roots starts growing and spreading to feed her. They’re very fragile during this stage so taking them out in the hot sun will dry them :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Also, plants that start out inside with no uv/ir light can use it from the sun once you put them outside. A plant born outside ignores them mostly, since they are harmful to sprouts. They just become immune to them in all forms. Which is why it wasn’t until recent we knew those ends of the spectrum could be used. Because it’s only true if the plant gets past seedling without being exposed to them. The one thing I keep meaning to ask @Hellraiser. Why uv bar in veg/propagation? Well, guess i just did. Since if they are exposed to uv rays as sprouts they won’t be able to use uv rays for photosynthesis.

Sprouts don’t need that much sun maybe a few hours of direct sunlight a day with the rest indirect. If they’re in pots what color are the pots. If they’re black they can get too hot in direct sunlight.

2 Likes

When u soak seed drop seeds in a shotglass woth ro water or distilled and a cap full of peroxide only to the cup mix let seeds sit there for 24 hrs then drop all seeds on papertowels doubled or tripled thick to hold moisture. Cover and make sure paper towel is wet not in a puddle then place on a heat pad til u see white tailes emerge. This is how i fo my seeds woth little to no failure. Id use 3% peroxide not the higher kinf. Peroxide will wipe out any kind of fungus that starts in the seed shell and gobe a clean start for the seed

2 Likes

That’s exactly how I did mine this time around, 100% success rate.

I figure outdoor plants get UV from day 1 so why not do the same for indoor plants and there are many benefits to using UV, see the article by ChilLED, can get the url from the pic or just go to chilledgrowlight dot com and click on Education, it’s a few articles down.

2 Likes

Ah. I was just going based off the Dr bugbee videos. A plant that is introduced to uv rays after it’s stronger can use them for photosynthesis. A plant born under uv rays can not use them for photosynthesis at any point. Its too weak to use them young so it just learns to ignore them completely. According to bugbee.

1 Like

I find using UVA in veg makes the leaves stickier than when I did not use UVA, so there is a response to UVA even in veg.

1 Like

It’s probably specific to the sun. I’m sure it puts off much more uv rays than a uv bar. Is nice to be able to tap into new ends of the spectrum though. My propegation light has an ir in it which I thought odd but it does well. I probably need a refresher.

1 Like

I don’t wanna do that quite yet, I just planted Bruce B 3 days ago, and GSC today…When I KNOW they’re no good, I’m gonna take pics of all the one’s that didn’t pop

Just bought a tripod 3 way L.E.D. for my girls…It’ll be here tomorrow lol, Amazon LOVES me!!!

4 days ago is not that bad, right???

Im confused? The OP said the seeds hadn’t sprouted yet right? So why outside under the sun? Sprouts dont need light at all. In fact UV is how they kill seed so it wont sprout. Thats why you bury them in a 1/4" of soil.
If you live in a brutally hot or windy location it may be difficult to keep the soil moist do to evaporation. Seeds dont like wet then dry then wet then dry sorta thing. Ideally the medium should be pre moistened to the point that if you squeeze it no water comes out.
Place seed in moistened medium and cover with 1/4" of soil… water the seed area only, with a couple ml of water. Leave alone in a warm area… no light required until the seed is above ground.

1 Like

Are you trying to grow outside in Arizona? If so that’s your first problem. Too hot not enough humidity. Get a grow tent.