So I have done a iit of reading and gone through some learning pains and I fear I may be in a little (a lot) over my head. I should probably start by filling out a support ticket.
- Strain: Northern lights from ILGM, fem and photo.
- Soil: 5 gallon fabric pots with organic potting soil (honestly don’t remember the brand) mixed with perlite. The soil has a bit of wood chips in it and I believe it also advertised worm castings.
- System type?
- PH of runoff or solution in reservoir? Haven’t tested any runoff. Been watering with distilled water.
- What is strength of nutrient mix? Haven’t added any nutes
- Indoor or Outdoor: Indoor, 2x4x5 tent
- Light system, size? Blurple “1000” watt LED that are actually more like 240 watts.
- Temps; Day, Night: Mid-70’s constantly
- Humidity; Day, Night: Unsure, but its fall in New England so it varies by day
- Ventilation system; 6 inch inline fan with carbon filter all from vivosun. Haven’t used it much yet, been strengthening stems with little clip on fans
- AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier: None
- Co2: No
I popped three seeds on the 12th of September and then placed each one in a 5 gal fabric pot. They came through the soil on the 14th. I let the plants do their thing and occasionally monitored them until the 29th of September when I topped the three plants. On two of the plants I just topped them and left them alone, and on the third I messed up the topping a bit and nicked a growth site. I also did some defoliation on this plant. Since then I have only been lightly bending the branches away from one another and watering when dry. I should also mention I have had the lights on 24/0 since they came through the surface of the soil.
I kinda messed up and don’t have very many progress pictures but here are some pictures I took today (please excuse the blurple but I can’t really get a regular light for photographs on them at the moment)
My main concern is that 2 of the 3 plants are becoming very bushy and I’m unsure of how to control them. I’ve probably got more plants than I have room for in the 2x4 tent. Should I start removing fan leaves that are covering up some of the newer growth between petioles?
My next concern is lighting. I’m fearful that my “king 1000 watt LED” will not be powerful enough once I make the transition into flower. I have been considering one of the 260 watt QB’s from HLG which would hopefully shed enough light on my 3 plants come flower time.
Overrall, what do you guys think? Any glaring problems that come to mind right away?