I have no idea what I’m doing HELP!

U can grow weed with them. Just wont be hige dense buds. If for urselff and a plant at a time blurps will work fine. But u will see u will want a better light not long after u get it flowering lol.

1 Like

OK here’s what I see with that light it’s 132 watts really which isn’t great but if you only got 1 plant it will do. Second that a big tent in order to move enough air to matter your gonna need a 8 inch inline fan at least. And I would look a 2 x hlg 260xls to do that space long term.

@Mark0427 @SKORPION I told y’all I have NO idea what I’m doing. Ugh. So I’m thinking of sending the tent back without opening it. I have the 2 small plants that I’m growing just for myself. So this weekend I guess I will only transplant them in the FFOF soil and 5 gal fabric pots. What size tent and light should I get for a small grow like I have? I haven’t opened the light and the tent is arriving today so both can be sent back easily. The weather here is supposed to be warm the next week before it turns cold again so I’m sure the plants will survive until I can order the new tent and light. Pls help! Ugh.

1 Like

I recommend 2x4 setup just enough for 2 plants lights vary I like hlg , so 260xl and 6 inch inline fan with a carbon filter. I would also get a couple clip on fans for air movement.

3 Likes

Thank you! Back to the drawing board! :joy:I knew when I ordered that tent it was too big! So if I get the smaller tent, how many lights will I need? This is so complicated to me, I need a “book for dummies” or something.

Just one of those I mentioned , if you had to you could get by with 2 of those that you ordered. But I understand I started the same way, I have went thru no much money I was crying it’s funny now.

1 Like

But avoid Vivosun fans. They like to overheat and catch fire.

3 Likes

Was not aware of that, good tip. In fact one of mine has a window fan paracorded in place instead of clip one.

1 Like

Yeah, there were pictures going around IG a while back. Almost burned one guy’s house down. He said the flames in his tent were 4’ high before he caught it.

2 Likes

Just left the nursery with 3 bags of FFOF @ $9.99/bag and got a notification that my big ass tent was delivered! :joy: I’m super fire paranoid so that’s going to be a problem. I’m home a good bit but I have to be gone some of the time. These will be in the shop out back but I’d still like for it not to burn down. Do most ppl leave their stuff on while they’re gone for work all day?

2 Likes

Lights are on a timer but yes if i leave fans and all stay on. U cannot interrupt photo period plants. Not supposed to autos either it jacks the yields up

1 Like

$9.99??? :open_mouth: It’s almost twice that here!

If you’re worried about your lights being on while you’re not home, you could set your timer so that dark hours happen while your at work.

1 Like

I worry more about a breaker tripping while I’m gone alot more than a fire. Just use a multiplug with a gfi trip. 9.99 I pay 19.99 I think for the 2 foot bag.

1 Like

I’m hung up on the light thing. The tent arrived, the box is HUGE. Not. Going to open it and going to order the 2x4 today. Can you share links or something on a hood light and exhaust system for that size tent? I guess I need to read some more (a LOT more) but I’m lazy and just want someone to say “get this”. LOL. These plants are 8 weeks old but they stink and they seem strong enough so I think if I take action now and do right by them, they could survive and maybe produce something. I’m just growing for my own personal use.

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

@SKORPION thanks so much for the links! Much appreciated! :+1:t2:

1 Like

Wondering if anyone else was from SC in forum. How’s it going this yr.