I have no idea what I’m doing HELP!

I started 2 Amnesia Haze autos beginning of Sept. Been kept outside for the most part (in SC) but now the time change and temps dropping. I bring them inside at night and I got a grow light coming tomorrow. These things are 8 weeks old. They’re growing but not very fast. I was hoping the grow light will change that. I also wanted to ask what I should buy to feed it. Once the light arrives, I plan to keep them indoors for the remainder. I know they are stunted because of their outdoor start. Are these even worth saving? They don’t look too bad but for their age, I know they should be much larger. They do have an odor so I thought that was a good sign. All I’ve done is grow in organic soil (chicken poop) and outdoors. Water very little every couple days. Bringing them inside to hopefully finish. What should I expect introducing them to a grow light and what should I feed them? How much?
Thanks in advance!

Since you’re no where near flower yes it’s worth saving but you’ll need to bunker down and really learn how to grow indoors but the 2 things im seeing immediately is the pot size is too small up it to a 5 gallon preferably fabric pot and the other is nitrogen deficiency since your leaves are so light but it’s probably from lockout from giving her to high ph water so definitely get a GOOD ph meter I’ll also throw you Here where I posted an organic dry amendment guide start at week 3 and ph soil at 6.5 oh and dont water every couple days SOAK your plants then let them dry 5-7 days

3 Likes

Thank you for the advice! Yep, just feeding regular tap water. I just ordered a grow tent that will be here Friday. So I’ll get the 5 gal fabric pot and transplant this weekend. I’ll give it a good soak when I transplant it and put it in the tent with the light this weekend. Other than that, do you suggest starting any nutrients? If not, when? Also, what kind? I’ll take a look at the link you provided, the answered to my questions are prob there! Lol. Thanks again!

2 Likes

Yup I’d throw those nutes or whatever you can get locally into your transplant medium

What kind of soil are you using when u transplant to 5 gal. If u use like ffof u wont need nutes for atleast 4 weeks or so maybe more.

3 Likes

@Mark0427 that’s what I was wondering. What kind of FFOF should I get? There’s different kinds and I honestly don’t know which to get. Also not sure if they sell it locally or if so have to order it. I also ordered a grow tent, the light came today. So I plant on transplanting them into 5 gal pots this weekend and putting them in the tent under the light. I see so many pics on this site of plants that are younger than mine and way bigger.

1 Like

Ffof is fox farm ocean forest. Alot do like i believe happy frog at the top quarter to third and the bottom all ffof. Ffof is a hot soil for seedling but its really not so bad so far on all my plants and ive done about 19 so far. A little yellow at the beginning on some depending how much u water. Not alot of water not alot of. Utes being released from the soil.

1 Like

Welcome you can google and find the closest place to you that sells ocean forest soil. Even if you got to drive a little ways and get two or three bags is better than paying shipping.

3 Likes

@kellydans @Mark0427 @GreenSnek thank you! I did just that and found a place not too far that sells the FFOF. I’ll get some of that today! My light came yesterday and tent arrives today. I’m going to repot them in the 5 gal fabric pots and new soil, then put them in the tent with the light. I don’t have a fan or exhaust or all the other fancy stuff for the tent. If they’re in a garage, do they need all that? Also, what light schedule should I use? 18/6?

1 Like

I would go with 18/6 light schedule. With your new tent personally I think you need exhaust fan mounted in top of the tent, and a pass through hole open at the bottom. Pulling fresh air in at the same time you’re exhausting hot stale air out the top. A good airflow is going to cut down on changes of mold or mildew. Just my thoughts good luck

2 Likes

Yep i would get some kind of exhaust going like said above for sure. What kind of light did we get for the setup? Will help knowing all this stuff for future questions also.

3 Likes

Yeah I was reading along wondering what light they ordered. And local suppliers rock my soil is 25 dollars cheaper a bag.

1 Like

Are you giving it time to dechlorinate first?

@AloysiusDevadanderAbercrombie what does that even mean? LOL Looks like I have a lot to Google search. I’m trying to do my best by these 2 plants and I’m sure I’ll screw it up. I’ve spent a lot of money here lately and about to spend some more … any advice for this brand new newbie is greatly appreciated! TIA!

@AloysiusDevadanderAbercrombie I just read about how to dechlorinate water. I haven’t watered them much after I read that the most common mistake for new growers is over watering but I will say now that I read about de-chlorinating water, I’ve used water from the hose mostly and that is well water. I’ve hit them a couple times with tap water so hopefully I’m good there. Thank you for the information! I will use strait well water from now on!

1 Like

@Mark0427 @SKORPION I got a bloomspect light from Amazon. I only have the 2 plants. The plants are auto flower Amnesia Haze. I also got a Vivosun tent and some 5 gal fabric pots. I’m about to head out now and get some FFOF soil. This transplanting to new soil and putting them in the tent and under the light will happen this weekend. If anyone could help me with the fan/exhaust set up (what to buy) or if you have any suggestions, I’m all ears! Thanks again for all the helpful tips everyone!

A blurple which wattage did you order. To really give you a idea of a good exhaust system I’m gonna need the dimensions of the tent.

@SKORPION 600W and it’s still in the box if it sucks and I should get a new one. I know nothing about how high I should put it or anything. I’m flying by the seat of my pants (and with whatever advice I get from experienced growers here). I know enough to be dangerous.

@SKORPION 48x48x80. Prob too big BUT, I’m starting small and wanted room to “grow” (pun intended) in case I decided to do more plants in the future or whatever.

1 Like

For flower in that size ull need like 6 or 8 of the lights