I have harvested my grow and so far so good just a quick question?

Now I harvested my girls nov 30 and I did a whole plant hang dry method and the popcorn nuggets are pretty dry and smoke amazing but my question is do I have to wait until the branch completely snaps the buds look to be dry enough to start cure?

1 Like

You want it to have a tiny bend before snap and make sure it doesn’t get all fibery. Small bend, clean break should be good. If you have to actually pull it, it’s not ready.

Put a small hygrometer in your bag/jar. If it holds between 58-62% for an hour or so, then you’re in the zone.

2 Likes

The snapping branch test never works for me. My last harvest the stems never got to the point of breaking but the buds were stable at 53% Rh.
When they “feel” dry, I trim and cut them off the stems and put in a large covered bowl with a hygrometer to see where it settles. If too high, I just “toss” like a salad and leave uncovered for an hour or so. When It is 62% (or less in some cases) it goes in Grove Bags until consumed.

3 Likes

When u hear that crack it should be ready if it snaps off thats probably a bit to dry