I have a small spidermite infestation, but I'm about to chop the plants

I know essential oils do work on a variety of pests but I’ve never tried this one. Arachnids find peppermint oil offensive but I don’t think it’s toxic to them. I have a link to an essential oil type study that was done by some university over in Arabia somewhere, I will try and find it.

Got it, just need to find the site now

@MrPeat here’s the site. There’s loads of info on there about. It’s research not sales so the link should be ok

https://www.researchgate.net/search/publication?q=Essential%20oils%20two%20spotted

2 Likes

@Davyg Thanks for the link. I don’t have these issues but the thought came to me would Tea Tree oil work. Its not cheap for such a small bottle. I will read it once I am home on the 1st.

2 Likes

Lot of interesting stuff on that website. I hate using pesticides anywhere. I have a wild rabbit pops round to mines, birds come in to the conservatory if their feeders are empty. I have a hedgehog that comes around now and then, not to mention frogs and toads so I love keeping things natural :heart_eyes:. That’s why I love hearing about your squirrel. We have two rabbits that share our house. They’re both toilet trained and only mess in their trays. They have the run of the garden and come in to the conservatory when it’s time to come in. They’re not pets though, they just live with us :man_shrugging:. I was looking at the Levo II and making my own oils. Still might try it in the new year :thinking:

2 Likes

Just to keep everyone posted, i used a peroxide and water bath for the plants. I then left the plants to dry, and about 95% of the spider mites moves to the top of the stem, making them easy to remove before trimming. A few of the nugs still had them on, and when i ripped some smaller ones open, there were a few mites inside.

The rest of the nugs though, especially the big ones, smoked and tasted beautifully. I even got a few complements from some friends about how nice it looked and smelled (im really anal about trimming, and cut 99% of the leaf off), as the buds looked incredibly shiny.

Thank you so much for the help everyone, and i will definitely use the advice, given to me here, in the future

1 Like

1 Like