I have a question

Can I leave my grow tent door open, if the room it is in the temp and humidity are in the same range ?

2 Likes

I guess you could during the light period but closed during the dark period. You don’t want any light at all on your plants during the dark period

2 Likes

They are only seedlings and I’m still battling with some temp issues ,the room is at the back of the house. Thanks

1 Like

I do. I just hang a blanket around it to block some light and let air flow hmmm got me thinking maybe I could hang a hoop use shower rings to secure a reflective curtain and hang light above for more airflow

1 Like

Sure I do all the time I keep 9 inch high velocity fans on the floor outside blowing air in straight from the AC everything stays cool

…in the winter I close them halfway, all the way or whatever to keep the heat where I want it, but sure you can leave them open

Some people feel you’re losing reflection that way but I don’t really think that’s a big deal personally
-good luck

2 Likes

@Daniel18,

Good questoion and great answers. I do the same durning light

Will

3 Likes

I have never zipped up my tent ever my room is always dark and i have a 20inch fan on floor pointed at tent in such a way that it only ruffles leaves no Direct wind on my girls

2 Likes

That sounds like a nice setup Brian. It takes time and erra to tune in.

Will

2 Likes

So very true my tent is small 32x32x64
Ligjting is two MarsHydro 600 so about 540 watts pulled from wall 4 inch centrifical as exhaust

Its a work in progress

1 Like

My last girl then a month off to clean change a few things upgrade tent to 4x4 maybe add third MarsHydro 600, humidifier and get the rest of the AN products that i need or want then back at it with four auto flowers per grow my goal is 1/4 pound dry off each plant tall order but love the challenge

2 Likes

Check out $8 Homemade Air Conditioner - Works Flawlessly! on youtube. Also, if you like the idea use plastic instead of styrofoam

2 Likes

Check out $8 Homemade Air Conditioner - Works Flawlessly! on youtube. Also, if you like the idea use plastic instead of styrofoam

1 Like

In the past 4 days I have left the door open with a fan passing over the plants. It’s the first time I have had to do it. We have a bit of a heat wave here it was 24c today. David.

2 Likes

I need to study my Celsius chart lol I wish I had a dollar for everytime I googled Celsius converter

2 Likes

Thanks for all the input

1 Like