I have a light question

Could you elaborate on that?

Imo, mars hydro just another company using cheap components and making advertising claims that their products donā€™t seem to deliver. Not sure what else there is to elaborate on

1 Like

Where would you place them in comparison to Spider Farmer?

Spider farmer is probably better, but may vary by model. I seen some of those sf lights with elg drivers and laughed out loud, for real.

Would be a lot easier to form fair opinion on both if they posted third party integrated sphere data like the companies they rip off. Until they do, will always be 2nd rate knock offs in my opinion.

2 Likes

Are there any quantum boards you would suggest that come in below the HLG price point?

I have no idea who is offering what or the prices right now. Pacific light concepts, chilled tech, and cutter electronics all have products i would recommend. Maybe even ahead of what hlg is currently offering.

I can look but I think I am going to have to stand down. I read where HGL canā€™t make enough to keep up with demand. I know the 135 is out of stock right now at growers house. I really appreciate you doing all this. I dont want to take any more of your time on it. If I come across anything in the future where I need your help I will reach out to you. I make $1200 a month, and I dont think I am going to be able to afford it right now. If that changes and I win the lottery I will be back in touch. I will need to know where to send your share to, LOL

I wouldnā€™t spend another nickel at growers house personally. Worst customer service I have dealt with in the industry. Placed order 2 weeks ago, hasnā€™t shipped, no correspondence, and hasnā€™t responded to my email. I understand your position, but sharing my experience.

Horticulture lighting group has them in stock you can order direct, and I know 10% code will work there.

thank you sir. Let me do some exploring and some saving and I will be back in touch. Do you just use the mfc website to order or is there another retailer you use?

1 Like

Youā€™ll probably get fastest service from going direct.

cut out the middle man!

1 Like

They have retail agreements, usually about the same price. But retailers have been pretty slow since the rona stuff.

1 Like

If either of you are interested Pat Oā€™Brien has a ā€œBest Lights Under $200ā€ series that compares the SF1000, TS1000, HLG65, and HLG100.

1 Like

Here is how he ranked them, based on output, coverage, and spectrum.

Thank you very much!

1 Like

I went and watched half of first video, dude cracks me up. Mars ts1000 wins and has effective flowering footprint of 6"x6"?

1 Like

You must have watched a different video than I did. I donā€™t think he claimed any of them would effectively flower more than about 2Ā½x2Ā½ and backed up everything he said with data.

@dbrn32,
I didnā€™t see anything like that. MARS says it is only good for a maximum 3x3 veg, and a 2.5x2.5 for flower. There is no way i would that light for a 6x6. The numbers I saw were not too bad. 18" I think it was 500ā€™s and 600ā€™s. @ 24" ,the numbers dropped into the 400ā€™s in the 3x3 square. I am not looking for the gold standard in lighting. Just an improvement over my blurple light that did get me 2.76 oz with a pot for pot and blueberry auto. I will likely just have to save up and get a suitable light for a 3x3 tent when I can. Thanks again everyone, I really do appreciate all your input on this.

1 Like

See if you can find some of @kaptain3dā€™s grows. He uses the Mars.

1 Like

Did you guys read what I typed

6 inches, not feet. I think about 13:45 in this video.

Important to differentiate here that Iā€™m just reciting his words lol. I donā€™t know this guy either. He may be great at growing weed, or maybe just coaching others on how to grow weed. But his knowledge on lighting, lighting tools, and pretty much everything related seems pretty weak. Therefore, itā€™s my opinion this stuff should be taken with grain of salt. He is clearly rocking a bunch of cheap lighting fixtures in that room, maybe free stuff he gets for having 17k subscribers and claiming the Mars ts1000 is best grow light under $200.

Weā€™ve seen this stuff time and time again. Heā€™s not sure what ratcheting hangers are, canā€™t pronounce spectrometer or apogee, or use an infrared thermometer properly. Any of which would be good indication to scrutinize quality of information heā€™s passing along, as far as Iā€™m concerned.

6 Likes