I guess I need to start a Journal

I’d like to share my first grow. I’m sure I’m going to get hit up to make a Support Ticket. Problem Is I haven’t kept track so far. I do have some info so I’ll fill in what I can.

Strain; White Widow Photo

Soil in pots, ProMix

System type? I don’t know

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir? 6.3 in 5.3 out

What is strength of nutrient mix? Didn’t check

Indoor or Outdoor: Indoor

Light system, size? 4 each 40W actual CFL under a Brooder’s light fixture. 10.5 inch dome

Temps; Day, 75-80 Night 72-75

Humidity; Day, 45-60 Night 36-50

Ventilation system; No

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier, Just got a humidifier. I need a new wick to get it working

Co2; No

Home made indoor grow area made from silver lined bubble wrap. Small fan intake and small fan exhaust.

Do you have a fan?
Intake ? Outtake?
Sounds like you need vengilation and a flush of 3x the size of your pot with fresh ph water

1 Like

June 15: germinated and set in solo cup using Jiffy seed starting mix. Watered with distilled H2O with splash of H2O2 pHed down to 5.9. Set in veg room 60% RH @ 80 deg. Lights 6in away.

June 22: 57% RH @ 82 deg. Watered with distilled H2O. Lights 6in away.

June 25: Watered with RO plus nutes 50% RH @ 80 deg. GH 1/2ml micro, 1/2ml grow, 1/2ml bloom. PPM RO water 53 to start 115 after adding GH 3part. pH 5.9 in 6.1 runoff. Lights 4 in above plant.

June 27: Re-doing grow area. Watered with GH 3 part same as 25th.

July 1: Txplanted from solo cup to 4 gal container with lots of holes in bottom and diagonal holes up all 4 sides using soldering iron. ProMix all purpose with Mycro-active. Perlite and vermiculite added. Watered with 1 gal RO water adding 1ml Cal-Mag and 1 ml bloom PH out 6.3. Lights 4 in above plant.

July 7: Going out of town. Watered with one gal distilled water, 1ml Cal-Mag, 1/2 ml micro, 1/2 ml grow, 1/2 ml bloom, 1/2 tsp unfiltered sorghum. pH 6.3 in 5.3 runoff. Lights 4 in above plant.

July 9: Returned to find leaves starting to ummmmm… IDK what to call it. Ruffled I guess. Photo below.

Should I be concerned?

3 Likes

New growth is getting a 6 pack.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Yes. small 6in intake and 6in exhaust. @Fever

Which Pro mix are you using? I’ve seen to different mixes of it on here. I think that may be considered a soilless mix? But not sure. You need to know for sure so you know where to PH your runoff for the medium you are using.

@Rugar89

Ingredients Canadian peat moss, peat humas, perlite, lime (pH adjust), GHA297 (Mycorrize Glomus Intraradices)

1 Like

Good stuff pro mix is a soilless mix look good keep it up :wink:

1 Like

That’s a soilless mix, so I’m thinking you need to be around 5.8 PH runoff with that.
And it looks like it has a time release fertilizer in there which you don’t want.
Ingredients

•Canadian sphagnum peat moss
•Peat humus
•Perlite
•Limestone
•Controlled release fertilizer
•Mycorrhizae - GHA297 Technology

Calling in some help.
@Majiktoker @bob31 @Countryboyjvd1971 @Hogmaster @garrigan62 @Donaldj

1 Like

It’s about as hot as ffof ive never used this kind but I would give it a shot mine is BX and my ph is 6.3-6.8 @garrigan62 @latewood have you tried this kind of pro mix

2 Likes

4 Likes

But with it having the time release that scares me some so I wouldn’t recommend it you never use time realese fertilizer !! I want to control my nutes not have them feed something and time hope this helps

1 Like

I use it for my mothers but it takes a few months to get it to point where I would entertain flowering in it

2 Likes

@Rugar89 Where did you see the controlled release fertilizer? It’s not on the bag’s ingredients. Oh on the link you posted. Duh

I had some leafs look like that on my last grow. A started feeding with some Cal-Mag and it took care of the problem. (Not saying that is what you problem is but depending on the nutrient line you are using adding some Cal-Mag might be something you want to think about.)

1 Like

I’m a total newb here and may be out of line, but with all of the time release stuff in the soil and adding more nutes on top, I would definitely be checking your pH and PPM already on the run off. It may just need a good ol’ flush and then start getting a handle on exactly what they’re being fed.

I have this and bought it at the hydroponic store. No issues and I’m not convinced this is “hot” either.

OK, I just finished flushing 5 gal of Walmart RO water pHed to 5.9 in. Last gal out was 95 ppm @6.9. Back under the light now while I go replenish water. I think I’ve traumatized this one enough for today. What do you all have to say? @Rugar89 @Fever @Hogmaster @Donaldj

Give it some light nutes or it will starve after flush

1 Like

I ran a gal of 1/2ml micro, 1/2 ml bloom, 1/2ml gro and 1ml of cal-mag.
pH in 5.4 145ppm
pH out 6.9 90ppm
Now off to get grow area another fan, wick for humidifier, and 5 gal more RO water.
@Fever @Donaldj @Hogmaster @Rugar89 @GetbackJoJo

2 Likes