I got mold, what should I do

After u donthe bud wash make sure u rinse the bud off with fresh cold water and then put a fan blowing on the buds for an hour or so on high til the buds and tips dont feel wet and saturated then hang to dry. If u dont put infront of a fan for a while kink it the buds will rot again if not in ideal comditions

1 Like

Main thing is just cutting off the cancer and getting it in the trash. Donā€™t compost it.

Bud Rot happens. It sucks. It blows goats to lose a whole cola but that happens. If this becomes a common problem for you definitely seek out mold resistant strains. I grow ILGM Gold Leaf outdoors every summer for the last 4-5 years because it has good mold resistance and October is Bud rot season here.

As others have said this will not be the end of it. If you are getting some, your plants are susceptible and the spores or whatever are obviously abundant enough in your area.

This will be your reality until your harvest. Check them as frequently as you can, and at some point youā€™ll likely get to the decision point where you say that the plants are close enough to ready and youā€™re not willing to lose any more bud to rot and thatā€™s when you harvest.

I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever made it through an outdoor grow season without getting to the point where I face that choice with at least one plant. Usually itā€™s two or three

2 Likes

High,
Thanks Mark. I did forget that important part of rinsing and blow drying a bit. Thatā€™s important.
Ger

1 Like

I do a bud wash on every plant i harvest just to play safe. There are other ways of doing a bud wash with other ingredients. Dont remember who does it butbit was like lemon juice or something not peroxide. Just incase u dont wanna use peroxide. Damn who was it that used some other ingredients for the. Ud wash???

2 Likes

@elyas ā€¦i am in Oz too a d the rain has just stopped and discovered bud rot in one

I cut a big chunk of each bud off in case it spread from the inside and it does appear quickly. I looked in the morning and nothing there, three hours later two buds so signs of rot so I quickly took them offā€¦ Any more and I am thinking of pulling the plant so it doesnā€™t infect the others. I am also shaking all the water out of the buds. I think this will be a big proble. I in Oz for outside growers so I have my fingers crossed for you :relaxed:

I am going to invest in a marquee for next yearā€™s crop

Do you have a pic of the whole plant??.. Might be worth looking in the big buds in case more is hidingā€¦ That is how I found some

Good luck :heart:

High,
I ran into it last grow in my ā€œSea of Greenā€. I cut it out put a tarp over the garden and this seemed to help a lot. Didnā€™t have much if any more after I put the tarp on not sure why but it worked.
Ger

1 Like

This video is exactly why I wash every time. Outdoors and indoors. I am always surprised at the crap thatā€™s left over in the water.

2 Likes

@Gerant ā€¦def gonna invest in a tarp next yearā€¦ Just need the rain to stop so my girls will dry out

I remember what you were talking about, it is lemon juice and water. I had some spots of powdery mildew on a few plants late October. Got rid of all the infected, did a peroxide/h2o wash then lemon juice (I squeezed fresh lol) and finally a cold water rinse at the end. Worked like a charm

Hi there super new to this forum and Iā€™m excited to pick the brains of the masters I have been growing outdoors here in Ontario For a number of years when I discovered powder mould and freaked out. Figured Iā€™ve wasted my time sad sad sad couldnā€™t break the news to the wife had to act fast googol search
read about a little trick and it was 60 /40 milk wash with an aggressive sprayer
The milk protein eats themould d it happen pretty fast
Itā€™s hard to tell once the milk was has dried but it did work. I simply washed away the dried milk spray with the fresh water and a cap full of peroxide I was a little worried about smelling rotten milk but that didnā€™t happen.
Crop saved Uploading: ABF25D96-E7CF-4C33-B8D0-6EDF6B39FEC8.jpegā€¦
Processing: 2AA402A4-A946-43FC-8758-0A73D25E92FB.jpegā€¦
Processing: 6543C1FE-9EB8-46B4-9993-B408A9742FCE.jpegā€¦
This year no prob opened up for air
Even added a 12 v trucker fan lol
Deep cycle batt. The prob now maybe
Bud rot. Caught a couple spots
Always something. To calmly deal with it seems :).