I finally found a use for one of my “blurple” lights

No, not as a coaster, or a paperweight.
It does fairly well as a seedling light.

Trying out a few more autos.

12 Likes

Watch how many stoners go buy baby tents to repurpose those old blurples :joy::joy:

7 Likes

I use 2 of them

A third one is tied to my anchor rope.

7 Likes

What I use mine for. It did well, as I waited for MH/HPS setup, best part Amazon refunded me and let me keep it, after I explained the false advertising. So I decided to use it again.

6 Likes

Same usage here too, waste not want not I guess.

2 Likes

Mine are permanently in my veg tent. Honestly they veg better than the qb’s for some reason. May be because my qb’s are 3000k.

2 Likes

Knowing the efficiency or the lack of, I really don’t use mine.

Blurples are great for the vegetative state because they have lots of blue light, which is what plants want in that stage. Perfect for that purpose, just not for flowering.

3 Likes

Exactly. I just turn on the veg switch and let her rip.
Admittedly, I could save a few pennies using a dedicated high efficacy light, but since I already own these inefficient boxes of crap, I might as well use them for something requiring low par.

3 Likes

can you tell me how you did this, because id love to get my money back for my blurples :joy:

Yeah, me too. I’d settle for $20

1 Like

@Siksr @Drinkslinger I called Amazon customer service, simply told them the watts are falsely advertised. I wanted a refund or I’d file a BBB complaint and cancel my prime membership. (Been a prime member for 10+ years) she put me on hold for a few minutes, came back and said I had Amazon credit for the lights and I could keep them.

3 Likes