I Don't Like What I'm Smelling

I’ll think about that. On my light it has a glass bottom that is hinged and opens and that’s how I change out my bulb. So mine couldn’t be permanent It would need to be like a soft rubber or foam seal that would form fit itself. I think that would be very simple to do and any other spots just use some kind of sealant. Hell, if they can take a boat with a screen bottom and cover it with Flex Seal then take it out on the lake fishing…Flex Seal does it all @bob31

2 Likes

Yeah I have a can on the shelf in case I accidentally cut my boat in half! I said RTV because of the heat. Any heat tolerant sealant would probably be ok. I was thinking you open the lid and run a bead of whatever around the perimeter. Once it dries it becomes a gasket. Would need to be fast drying so that you could do that with it.

I basically did the same thing around my smoker to seal the lid! @kartch

2 Likes

If you ever accidentally cut your boat in half @bob31 I don’t think I’ll be able to claim (Your The Man) ever again. So if it happens, say you did it on purpose. LMAO!

1 Like

yeah, I’d have to be stripped of that title, agreed. I’m pretty safe as I don’t actually own a boat. @kartch

1 Like

I’m not sure I’m understanding you @kartch
You said that you have a home made tent with no top to it…:thinking:
Without having a sealed tent or room I’m not sure that any filter of any size is going to do the trick… :wink:
I have friends that take huge 4 foot x 12 charcoal filters with 12 inch inlet and 12 inch fans that just recirculate the air in the room but it’s a sealed room and there just trying to clean the air in the room … works pretty good but not full proof… :wink:

:v: :sunglasses:

3 Likes

My tent is in my basement in an area that is partially confined and now that I’m not going through the light fixture I’m not smelling anything outside and seems to be doing it’s job. Made my tent from PVC pipe and 4’ wide Mylar sheeting and was dirt cheap to build. It may not be perfect but it does offer me some neat options that works great for me. When the lights are on you can see into the tent but you can’t see out. I can also adjust temps by just rolling up some of the Mylar from bottom up to allow cool air off the floor to be drawn in. Need it cooler I roll in up more, need it warmer roll it down. Today I picked up a refrigerator box, got it lined with Mylar and should be ready soon for what I have planed. For my second grow and first in my tent I’m expecting 10-12 oz. from 4 pants. I got about 2 1\2. from 3 on my first grow. Gonna do the scrog next time. can’t wait

2 Likes

Before I started my next grow I got that puppy sealed. At least as far as I can tell and it was quite easy. Just removed the glass then all of the crap seal they used at the factory which was a pretty poor job. Then put a layer 3/16"H x 1/2"W foam window seal on both sides of the glass locked her down. I did try to open it to change a bulb and it was stuck so I just removed the vent hose instead of pushing my luck. Seems to be air tight and was simple. If I were to do it again might consider a different material but I’m betting it will open without much effort. On the other hand my first SCROG was more than I expected but learned things NOT TO DO EVER AGAIN, if ever I do it again. And a shout out to the best seeds ever. Gone through 15 of my first 25 ordered over a year ago and STILL at 100% popped. Sad news is I got 5 autos for my first attempt at those and 1 didn’t want to show her stuff…so I ate her.WIN_20171210_11_12_53_Pro

1 Like

If I have to redo that for any reason I’ll look into the RTV and snap some pics now that I know it’s doable. In the mean time I’ve been really busy putting together the new grow room and damn, things have come a long way in a year and a half, but I’m almost done and really excited. I do have a question though @bob31. I picked up the Advanced Platinum P300 LED and I’m looking for something to go with it that won’t break the bank. Are these higher dollar LED’s that much better? Right now I’m looking at two of the Viparspectra 600W. I want to use these mostly for Auto’s and vegging fem’s then flowering the fem’s under the 600W HID. I tell ya, trying to decide is driving me nuts. OH, and BTW, are you still cutting boats cause I’m looking at one but can only afford half of it.

Hey there everybody, I didnt want to start a whole new thread but I am asking for some help here. I have a 2.5x 4.5 x 6.5 shed that I want to use as my Flower Room. I was wondering how big of an inline/ exhaust fan should I be using? It is in my backyard and I would be using a 400w HPS light. The shed is never under any direct sunlight though either. Im just kinda of stumped about the situation. I have a couple weeks left before i make the transfer over? Thanks.