I don't know what's going on with AK47

A customer has a question and I hope we can get some opinions on it, thanks

I don’t know what’s going on. This is the second batch of AK47 . I followed directions. In 2 days,one seed had turned to mush, while the remaining seeds sprouted and looked robust.Those that sprouted were put in starter mix with minimal watering. (I was afraid I overwatered my first order. ) Afterr a few days , the second set of leaves began to curl in on themselves. The stems appear strong. They are in a warm kitchen location and I can’t figure it out. I put some seeds from a locally purchased bag and they came screaming out of the soil and are vigorous and surpassing the remaining 3 AK47. One seedling died, from the top down, now I only have one healthy seedling.

Any advice you could share would be helpful. I recently made an order and don’t want this to happen to those seeds.Could it be that AK47 is difficult? Are feminized seeds tempermental?

1 Like

Soak seeds in water for 12-24 hours untill they crack open most will sink to bottom of cup after 8-10 hours
Use room temp water once they crack open place in moist towel and place in plastic bag overnight also keep in warm and dark area i keep mine in a draw in a warm room
Next day you should have a nice tap root
1/4 to half inch long
Place them tap root down in soil no more than a 1/2 inch deep and mist the soil untill its moist keep soil moist but not wet until they pop out of the soil
Placing a dome over the plant helps maintain temps and humidity

7 Likes