I don't know what this is, and it doesn't look right

Anybody have a clue about this?

I don’t think it belongs. I’ve plucked a few off already. Looks to me like a pollen flower in disguise! If they keep coming, should I go ahead and cut her down and see what I can salvage? She’s my practice clone, and I’ve done her bad with too much Nitrogen, and being a general newbie!. I think These little suckers are the result of her being flushed. I picked the way wrong stain to start with (medusa), and she’s kicking my butt! I’ve read where they’re really touchy, and the hermie gene is strong within them… any feedback is appreciated.

@DerangedMuppet,

Looks like Calyx, good thing. Means shes female with those characteristics. I’m sure I have a picture to help you somewhere…

Hairs (pistils) = female
What you don’t want is the ones that look like crab claws, with no hairs.

2 Likes

3 Likes

First I thought it was some kind of bug

So I got my glasses, had some coffee and look at it again and I still didn’t know what it was because I really didn’t think you’d be pulling the girls off your plants !?

…better leave some of them on there ! :wink:

2 Likes

I see where your coming from with it kinda looking like a male… But with so much time invested and probably money…personally i would give it time to make sure before plucking them

1 Like

…I’m still not exactly sure what it is ?

Looks like somebody crossed a grasshopper with a snail ! :bug:

3 Likes

Haha. Thanks guys… just that these little “nanner” shapes aren’t like the round ones that I’ve grown accustomed to on her, her mother and 2 aunts. And a dust ploom on a leaf got me up in arms, so to say… Not to mention a couple horror stories I’ve read about “nanners” that have basically given me nightmares… the clone is CLOSE to harvest, maybe about a week or 2 if I can keep my wits about me long enough to hopefully reverse some of the ill effects of her nitrogen narcosis! Lol… Got my plant stoned that’s supposed to be getting ME That way! (I thought the way those leafs were curling up into claw shapes was an added effect to the Medusa lineage, so kept right on going! Looked freaking AWESOME, Healthy, and fit the Name! Lmao… Now I know…)

1 Like

This is one of those times where you can read all you want but until you actually experience the signs and symptoms…weither you read it about a different strain,hydro, coir… Diseases and problems can vary so much…good luck!!! Live and learn…but thanks to you and this forum myself and others can now avoid this possible issue!!! I love this forum!!!

2 Likes

Lol stop picking at her and let her grow. That looks like pistils to me, and pistils mean female. You should be fine!

3 Likes

Hahahaha! I’m a first time father and my girls are going to prom! I’m a bundle of Nervous Wreck! Lol. Especially after giving them some Nitrogen Narcosis, flushing them, followed by some pollen pods about about a week later… my girls have beenough used and abused! So bad, there’s going to be some sweet & musty smelling areas up a couple-few rivers next summer ;p

1 Like

Same here, Bobby! I’ve read posts on other MJ sites, but this site, to me, is by far the most coolest, layed back and helpful bunch that I’ve come across!

1 Like

If you’re running a hydroponics system make sure it’s not one of these before putting your hands anywhere near the water reservoir. They can be quite aggressive with the munchies.

2 Likes