I don’t work for NASA

I keep mine in a plastic bag in it’s original box so it dosent pick up moisture while not in use.

4 Likes

I agree with @Audiofreak and I’d try to keep it very dry. Maybe that means opening up the bag and tossing a desiccant pack inside before resealing it.

3 Likes

That’s a good idea!!! Keystone

1 Like

You’ll need to dial any system in. Maybe you want to fan venting out above the light, if it isn’t already. Many people will use a piece of duct with screen or hosiery covering the opening in a strategically selected port. An opening down low will usually draw in cooler air than an inlet up high.

Edit: I would do the math. A thermostatic outlet is like $18, and a second raxial would be $27. You could add a second fan that only comes on when temps are over 83f for $45.

3 Likes

Baby diapers and super absorbent feminine pads have lots of acrylic acid in them for the money. I have florist desiccant gel which is reusable.

1 Like

I live with 2 women (dont get excited) wife and daughter so I’m pretty sure i can find some pads around here.

1 Like

I just bought an cloudline S6 and roaming around the site I found this image. Hope this helps

I image you will want a filter. If you don’t want a carbon filter I still recommend some type of prefilter to keep stuff inside the tent from entering the fan and gumming up the blades

1 Like

This plenty acceptable. Like the others said, keep it dry and wrapped up and you should be fine. Then just install if/when you feel like you need it.

2 Likes

Especially heavy flow months

2 Likes

I’m surrounded by woman of all sorts , people, cats, and even plants!! Last one is ok!

1 Like

My dogs and my plants. The woman can be a pain sometimes lmao she gets in her moods

1 Like

I’m a woman and heck even I prefer to be around animals and plants.

Too much conversation interferes with my buzz. Sorry to my other female species :grimacing:

6 Likes

I don’t think anyone has mentioned this yet but venting to the outside helps with room temp and humidity I vent to the outside in the summer and inside in the winter

6 Likes

We live close to an airport with lots of fly overs. I was afraid if I vent to outside it would leave a noticeable heat signature. Am I just being paranoid or is this a thing?

1 Like

Can be a thing, if someone is looking. Every house on your street will have some sort of heat signature though, if you’re doing that you would just want it to blend in.

1 Like

IMO the heat from a 4x4 in the summer not got to put on the NSA’S watch list

3 Likes

lol fair enough

Heat signatures aren’t the worry they used to be. People who mine for bit coin for example leave a much stronger heat signature from their computer equipment then the avg 300 watt led marijuana grow. So no not paranoid, but perhaps exaggerating in your mind the severity of your “crime” and how hard the fuzz is gonna have to go, to prove it. How much weed you planning on growing? You gonna keep it all to yourself or take “donations” from your friends? 5 plants or 25 plants?

2 Likes

Vent using a old window ac unit that does not work. Heat signature wouldn’t show anything abnormal.

2 Likes

I have a 4x4, and I started using 2x4 inch AC Infinity fans, but recently upgraded to 2 6 inch AC Infinity fans. I have one for intake that pulls through the AC Infinity intake HEPA filter and the exhaust is going into a carbon filter. This has enough power to drop the humidity to ambient within minutes, and the tent is sealed enough that keeping humidity up is not an issue by using the humidity controller. I have a humidifier that puts rh in the tent and when it goes over, the fan kicks in and brings it to where I’m aiming for.
If you are not happy that you didn’t get the T6, you can always add the controller and have the same thing. I know most people use a passive intake, but pulling through a hepa filter and using a passive intake created a crazy negative pressure and sucked in the walls off my tent.

So this is overkill. I had pest problems and mold with my last grow. I don’t intend to with this grow. You were smart to go with 6 inch fans from the start. I like the controller so that the fan only runs when it needs to and I don’t worry about enough ventilation. With the current set up, I haven’t had to run the fans higher than 3 of 10, so it’s also silent.

2 Likes