I did something WRONG!

I can not figure out what went wrong? My Super Skunk grew through veg state very well, but as it started to bud things just went bad. During the last few weeks it just lost it’s smell and just all but stopped growing. The overall grow period was 11 weeks. May 3rd to July 19th. I have just tried to smoke a bud that’s been drying since last Sunday. No real flavor and just a very mild high. Please offer any suggestions. I want to start a new grow but would like to have a better idea of what I could do differently. Thanks

Do you have any pictures that tracked some progress?
We are here to help. What kind lighting do you have? Nutrients? Etc.

11 weeks? auto?

Yes beardless. I am gathering pics on my phone right now will post in a few more minutes.

How did you determine when to harvest ?

She doesn’t look ready, in the second to last pic

5 Likes

I was basing it upon the rust color amount in the buds. It looked to me to be about 70%, but it also looked like it was dying. I clearly don’t know what I’m doing. 11 weeks for nothing! Very sad.

Pulled it way to early… :man_facepalming::man_shrugging::+1::wink:
:v::sunglasses:

4 Likes

That’s what I figured…I will go ahead with next grow, maybe I get it right this time. I will utilize this blog to show progress and ask more questions. It’s just at this point not feeling very confident. I sort of just monkeyed my way thru this first grow. Thanks for your response!

1 Like

Next time I recommend getting a 60x scope or jewelers loop to check the trichomes . Pulling to soon Doesn’t let the trichomes mature (that’s where the good stuff is at THC ) And will def give you a weak high.

1 Like

I see a viparspectra. What model? It is your primary light?

I started the grow using an Aero-garden lighting. You can see the pic of the jiffy cup sitting on top of the unit. When it got about 28" tall I switch to this type of light: VIPARSPECTRA UL Certified 450W LED Grow Light. I did very little grow type fertilizer during veg state. Seem to be doing great! After switching lights it grew to about 40" and started budding…I guess I pulled way to early…

1 Like

I have recently purchased this fertilizer for my next grow.
Fox Farm FX14049 Liquid Nutrient Trio Soil Formula: Big Bloom, Grow Big, Tiger Bloom.
First, will this work for growing Super Skunk? And if so, what is the best mixture ratio? I will be using the Pot for Pot 2 gallon soil set up.

That soil you don’t have to add anything. Just light and water. You can add flowering boosters if you’d like.
Your first grow looked great, just pulled it too early.

2 Likes

Well, Thanks for your input. I will start next weekend on new grow. I will post more often with progress. Should have reached out prior to harvesting!
Thanks to All

2 Likes