I did not want to jimx it!

My Mother turned 80 today. My Father was 84 on 1-25. How lucky am I?

I cannot believe that both my parents made it past 80 years old. They are so happy. I told them the other day that i felt I was witnessing what it must have been for them at 20.

I remember when Dad came home from Italy, after the Kennedy assassination; The same night “Wizard of Oz” was broadcast on TV for the 1st time. During a commercial in the epic broadcast; I noticed Dad had come home but, I had no one in the family room with me.

I went in to my grandparents formal living room and it was like…in a movie; Mom was kissing Daddy. Sorry. Just a great memory. I am proud of my parents and relieved that I can still share time with them.

Thanks for reading my testimonial.

17 Likes

@latewood ,that’s so cool , unfortunately I lost my grandmother late last year , but she made it to almost 103 ,she had a Long and happy life bar going through both war’s

3 Likes

It’s definitely a blessing @latewood And what a great memory to have! Incredible!

1 Like

Cherish the old folks. We’re going to be them before we know it!

1 Like

Happy Birthday Mom! Congrats!:birthday:

2 Likes

You are a very lucky person, im glad you get to enjoy your parents still, it would be an amazing feeling
:cherry_blossom:

3 Likes

That’s a sweet testimonial my friend and your a lucky man to still have them around my parents are still with us and a few years younger than yours but I feel it a blessing to have them every day
They are and always will be my heros :grin::+1:

1 Like

I have to say, I have that feeling when i look at my children and spend time with them so maybe your parents are the same.
:cherry_blossom:

1 Like

Thanks everyone! :smiley:

2 Likes

I’m a little different my dad turn 96 this year he live next door to his 64 year old girl friend and they work her farm and travel together

3 Likes

Well, I am sure you do know how it feels :smiley: Don’t you just love it?

2 Likes