I did make the mistake by using the Miracle-gro and I haven't started the 12-12 yes cause waiting for them to get at least 2ft tall

A customer has a question and I hope we can get some opinions on it, thanks.

Hi, enjoyed your article about soil. I did make the mistake by using the Miracle-gro and I haven’t started the 12-12 yes cause waiting for them to get at least 2ft tall and I recently flush them with straight water for a little over a week and was wondering if you had a tip to help me get through this without losing them because they are growing slow.

Are the plants doing something besides appearing to grow slowly? Pics would help. Along with how old are they and how tall?

Because I’ve used Miracle Grow (with nutrients) almost exclusively for years and have no problems with it. I know it’s hearsay, but the results speak for themselves.

4 Likes

Ive also grown in mg soil its not ideal but does work
Can you post a few pictures ?
It can be a ph issue as well
Why don’t you join us so we can help guide you in you efforts

4 Likes

How large pots are you in and what is the N-P-K and type of MG soil they have a variety of soils some with nutrients and additives some time release others more plain and easier to work with? Even with nutrient enhanced soils some feeding may be required and if you are in smaller pots a transplant with some of the excess MG soil removed and replaced with a more friendly mix could be an option?

4 Likes

Also, a slow or stalled plant could be ph related. How are you measuring ph?

COPY/PASTE: This “Support Ticket” into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?

System type?

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS

Indoor or Outdoor

Light system, size?

Temps; Day, Night

Humidity; Day, Night

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

Co2; Yes, No

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you :slight_smile:

We had a previous Support Ticket posted, but lost it during the “database issuer”