I did everything per instructions and forum and no luck

A customer has a question and I hope we can get some opinions on it, thanks

I did everything per instructions and forum and no luck. The seeds germinated and put out a root, I planted them into starting soil and put them in an indoor grow space. Two plants actually started but then drooped over in a week. I read that it may have been due to overwatering so I watered the second batch less with no results at all. I’d like to try again but I am discouraged. Any help would be appreciated.
I have the full indoor kit with LED light and used the recommended soil and techniques. I only used to sprayer to water and planted the seeds barely under the soil, loosely, with the root down.
Strain (type, bag seed): Chocolope (fem) and LA Confidential (fem)
Soil in pots, hydroponic, or coco?: Espoma Organic seed starter soil in peat pot
PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?: NA - didn’t get that far
What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS:
Indoor or outdoor: Indoor
Light system, size?: LED (Kind 280w)
Temps day, night: 75-80
Humidity day, night 55-61
Ventilation system (yes/no, size): Yes, 6" fan
AC, humidifier, de-humidifier?: House AC
Co2 (yes/no): no

1 Like

How close is your light sound like they might be stretching pretty bad for the light and just falling over and dying you have any pictures you can post people on here can really help a lot better with pics even if they are dead can least tell you what’s happening

1 Like

Assuming the seed starting soil is nutrient free it is probable that over watering is the issue.

Here’s my procedure:

Soak seeds until tails appear using distilled water with a couple of drops of peroxide. Placed in a warm place.

Sprouts are planted in a nutrient free media (I use Promix) and lightly dampened then domed with a light (led) 18" or so above the domed sprouts.

Two or three times daily; spritz distilled water inside the dome and add 1 teaspoon per day to the soil. This needs to continue for a couple of weeks until the tap root is established.

edit: it appears the starter mix you chose is about right.

You should join our forum and we will be more than happy to help you one on one

1 Like

If you haven’t do so already I recommend downloading The Grow Bible from this site [ it’s free ] and has tons of valuable information on growing MJ . I use just a regular light bulb for the seedlings about 4 or 5 inches away until they get a couple sets of leaves before moving them to bigger lights . I also take pictures in case I have problems so my grow friends here can help me figure out whats wrong . They have many times and I’m so grateful to them . Here is what damping off looks like .damping-off-of-vegetables-4-638