I can't fail again part II

LMAO - sorry, i will circle back around, for sure.
I don’t mean to be a pain, i do apologies.
damn feel like a scold dog… :service_dog: sorry dad

2 Likes

Yes that is a light. Its actually not able to be found any more but you can see my initial review and thoughts on it if you search the product name on the site here. I made a topic somewhere on it.

Thanks, its not the best light, I usually lead with that. But it does better than many, maybe even most of the amazon lights out there. I think if they had a little more red and uv it would be great. But easy of access, no build time, easy to dim, its a decent light.

1 Like

Don’t get me wrong, I like the Mars lights. They were a stronger entry-level buy last year. New growers could save ~20% on the initial purchase by going with them. They are still a viable option. HLG has availability issues, so sometimes Mars is the “bird in hand” winner.

1 Like

Sorry if I was short with ya. I don’t mean to be. I just imagine that you’re asking these questions repeatedly because the advice isn’t sticking. So I wanna help you retain info.

When you do start a new journal, please make a detailed list of all the info about your grow. Later, when you ask a question, it’s easier for other members to check your tent size/light type/strain/light schedule/etc… if it’s all listed in the first post.

1 Like

gotcha Keystone, I will do that.

1 Like

I think i read somewhere that when the girls get close to leave the light off for a couple days… i think i might be there but i am so nervouse to make the switch. the tris look mostly cloudy with some amber from what i can tell… there are some still clear. i would say about 70% cloudy 25% clear and 5% amber… i might be wrong on those percentage but i think i might be close. the thing is that the pistils are still mostly white with some amber mixed in.

here are some pics @KeystoneCops @dbrn32 @beardless @ItsPat

1 Like

Hard to tell in that lighting. 2and to last pic looks like majority of pistils are still white though, is that so?

1 Like

Yes most of the pistils are still white.

1 Like

She is gonna put on some weight still then. Unless you see buds getting covered in amber trichs I would let her go.

2 Likes

I agree another week to three and then start to flush her. I wouldn’t be checking daily yet, as it starts to become the watched pot. About a week or so i think your see a good number less clear. I generally go for starting flush when I have little or no clear left, and little amber.

1 Like

@KeystoneCops @dbrn32 @ItsPat ok its been a week since i have check on the trics and i think she might be ready… please someone help.

It’s hard to see. It’s your call.

Don’t forget what I mentioned about the option of harvesting in stages to see what effect an amber-leaning ratio has.

Before you harvest, do you have a drying space prepared?

1 Like

@KeystoneCops your right… i got really excited i need to calm down and take a breath.
the only thing that i had thought of was to hang them in the tent to dry, just leaving it dark and temp controled, that was the plan but now that i am thinking about this im torn as to harvest the onese i think are ready and leave the others be… or just leave them all be and let them get darker while the rest are turning more cloudy. if i harvest now, the only place i have to dry them would be in a closet. i don’t know what else i could use. anything outside is really hot like in the 90s with 60 pluse humidity… i don’t want to hang it in the shed i think it would be to hot. any suggestions.

Most people will start with a very large cardboard box. Every drying setup will be slightly different because you’re fighting the native environment. If it was me, I’d try to get to 60f, 60% humidity, good air circulation, and really dark. And clean. So so so clean.

But I also know people who throw it onto chicken wire racks in their garage…

I’d go another week probably at least. When I look I see mostly cloudy, maybe a few tops with some amber.

Drying is still something I have to get better with. I’m in the desert drying in 80+ degree 10-20% humidity usually. So far my results aren’t bad, but I think a slower drying process than 2-3 days would help bring out some more flavor.

1 Like

its a lot of work but you expecially in the dessert but you can dig a root cellar and belieave it or not the temp down there around 6 feet or so is about 50 degrees.

Hey @KeystoneCops i went back and read this thread and reread the parts about the lights. the one i have now has 2 light burned out on it already… so i am going to have to invest in one. After reading everything i went with the the mars hydro tsw2000 only because it was a little cheaper and more accessible.

How much did it cost?

It’s a powerful light. I’d have to look at recent testing on the latest model to see how good (efficient) it is at being powerful. @dbrn32 is the person who knows best.

1 Like

I agree with the others. Make sure you are going by trichs on buds too, a couple of those pics are leaves.

1 Like